• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

How can you prove a relationship is genuine ahead of the consular

By bringing proof of your married life together. Could be a number of things, photos of you as a couple (preferably in different places with different people) before and after the wedding and obviously of the wedding, documents that will show correspondence to both of you at the same address, social media history showing you as a couple, etc etc. lots of ways to do it if it’s real.

Hi Gurix.

I'm a 2018 winner
I have a few questions I hope you'll be able to assist.
I got my second letter today and the interview is in June.
I checked the site where I'm supposed to book a medical exam but I found that I have to book a visa appointment again. Something likes this
Please select the service type that fits your needs.
  • I need to register an Immigrant Visa appointment
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter to register or schedule a Diversity Lottery visa appointment
My confusion is for a green card winner which one is it? is it the first one? I really didn't think booking an appointment was needed since it was there already that's why im confused.
My other question is in regards to KCSE certificate, I only have a slip because my former school was closed before I could get the leaving certificate. Will this work or do i need one from KNEC? not sure if they'll have it.
Thanks in advance. I'm new here so i hope this is where i was meant to post my question.

Hi Gurix.

I'm a 2018 winner
I checked the site where I'm supposed to book a medical exam but I found that I have to book a visa appointment again. Something likes this
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter to register or schedule a Diversity Lottery visa appointment
My confusion is for a green card winner which one is it? is it the first one? I really didn't think booking an appointment was needed since it was there already that's why im confused.
My other question is in regards to KCSE certificate, I only have a slip because my former school was closed before I could get the leaving certificate. Will this work or do i need one from KNEC? not sure if they'll have it.
Thanks in advance. I'm new here so i hope this is where i was meant to post my question.

I think the answer to your first question is quite obvious. You received your 2NL as a DV selectee, and one of the options presented talks about diversity lottery visa, innit? You’re not a green card winner, you haven’t been granted the green card or the visa that enables you enter the US and claim the GC.

I think the answer to your first question is quite obvious. You received your 2NL as a DV selectee, and one of the options presented talks about diversity lottery visa, innit? You’re not a green card winner, you haven’t been granted the green card or the visa that enables you enter the US and claim the GC.

It's amazing how often that question gets asked.

Hi Gurix.

I'm a 2018 winner
It's amazing how often that question gets asked.

Hi Simon. Looks like all newbies ask the same questions confusion and panic mode :(
I clicked the last option - Schedule Diversity appointment but --->The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at..

I know y'all will kill me but first time questions - I already have an appointment date and time but when I checked how to book a medical appointment I saw that I need to book that appointment so that they can know where to send my passport. And yes I'm not a "green card winner"

Hi Simon. Looks like all newbies ask the same questions confusion and panic mode :(
I clicked the last option - Schedule Diversity appointment but --->The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at..

I know y'all will kill me but first time questions - I already have an appointment date and time but when I checked how to book a medical appointment I saw that I need to book that appointment so that they can know where to send my passport. And yes I'm not a "green card winner"

Wait a few days - their systems need to have your case in it to be able to register. There is PLENTY of time before your interview to create the profile. Just focus on the medicals and preparing documents.

Thank y

Thank you
Hi I am no expert but for the kcse results...I see the embassy believing results sent in by knec itself to the consulate... I believe you will have to visit the knec offices in Nairobi... To send your kcse result's to the embassy before attending the interview.. Give it not less than to weeks to your interview date to avoid knec delaying to do so on time....and end up being placed on AP....I believe you will have to pay like Kes 5000 for the service at knec...then attend the interview with your official exam results slip...and if u can get an affidavit done stating why you don't have your cert...it will cost like kes 2000....from an advocate in Nairobi...all the best with the preparations !!?

Hi I am no expert but for the kcse results...I see the embassy believing results sent in by knec itself to the consulate... I believe you will have to visit the knec offices in Nairobi... To send your kcse result's to the embassy before attending the interview.. Give it not less than to weeks to your interview date to avoid knec delaying to do so on time....and end up being placed on AP....I believe you will have to pay like Kes 5000 for the service at knec...then attend the interview with your official exam results slip...and if u can get an affidavit done stating why you don't have your cert...it will cost like kes 2000....from an advocate in Nairobi...all the best with the preparations !!?
Hi, thank you for the info this helps alot.

KNEC actually charges 2,320. And once the embassy gets the confidential confirmation of results, you should be good.
But, how did the school close down with your certificate? You surely need to follow up, i think you will be able to get it.

For medical appointment, its best you go there in person to book. I find they usually take a longer time to schedule via email.

KNEC actually charges 2,320. And once the embassy gets the confidential confirmation of results, you should be good.
But, how did the school close down with your certificate? You surely need to follow up, i think you will be able to get it.

For medical appointment, its best you go there in person to book. I find they usually take a longer time to schedule via email.
Hi. Actually the school is now a university and the said they still have the certs in their archives. I'm traveling this week to go get it. It's cheaper if I have it instead of paying the 5k. As for the appointment I already booked via email and got a date. Thanks for your help :)

Hi. Actually the school is now a university and the said they still have the certs in their archives. I'm traveling this week to go get it. It's cheaper if I have it instead of paying the 5k. As for the appointment I already booked via email and got a date. Thanks for your help :)

Oh, that's great! Even if you get your original cert, you will still need to go to KNEC and have them send your confidential confirmation of results directly to the embassy. This is sorta a requirement nowadays. Make sure to do it. Will cost you KES 2,320.

Once you receive your 2NL you Book for Medicals at IOM, Get the Police Cert (Good Conduct) apply via e-citizen then go for finger printing at CID HQ, For the KNEC Statement of results you can download the Form and Guidelines https://www.knec.ac.ke/home/index.php (The Guidelines spell out how to go about it), You will then have to register your interview with the embassy https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/iv

@utamaduni I think i remember you from back in the day. Just read your post about missing out on the the other DV and being selected for DV 2018. Wow. Wish you the very best.

@Sm1smom @Britsimon Need your take on this issue: A Single parent has 2 kids (18 year old and 20 yr old) the 18 Yr old lives with his other parent and doesn't want to immigrate. How will this individual handle this issue? They are not scheduled for an interview yet but may be scheduled in July. At the interview should both accompany the parent or just the one who wants to immigrate. They included them in the initial entry and filled a DS 260 for both.

@Sm1smom @Britsimon Need your take on this issue: A Single parent has 2 kids (18 year old and 20 yr old) the 18 Yr old lives with his other parent and doesn't want to immigrate. How will this individual handle this issue? They are not scheduled for an interview yet but may be scheduled in July. At the interview should both accompany the parent or just the one who wants to immigrate. They included them in the initial entry and filled a DS 260 for both.

The individual should proceed and show up for their interview with the kid that is interested. They will simply tell the CO exactly what you said here - the second kid resides with their other parent and is not interested in immigrating. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks for the prompt response
The individual should proceed and show up for their interview with the kid that is interested. They will simply tell the CO exactly what you said here - the second kid resides with their other parent and is not interested in immigrating. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Does smoking weed and cigars affect one's chance of Visa Approval? Do they screen for drugs during medicals?

@utamaduni I think i remember you from back in the day. Just read your post about missing out on the the other DV and being selected for DV 2018. Wow. Wish you the very best.

I have been trying to post a question but i keep getting "your content has been marked as spam"

Not sure if this works though.

anyway I picked up my KCSE Cert last week they were at my former school's catholic church. The only thing remaining is now the confirmation letter from KNEC, I checked their website for guidelines and even got more confused and none of the numbers listed on their website work any more. Do you have any idea if their Dennis Pritt office can send the said letter to the embassy? Thanks