Anyone filed N400 online?

I applied in the newark office.took me 1 year from beginning to end to get thru
Others i know took them 8 months. Some as little as 3 momths

Everyones time frane is different i guess!!

Congrats

This has been my N400 timeline so far. I applied online from NJ, marriage-based application.

Jan 1 2018- N400 Online Application Filed
Jan 3 2018- USCIS N400 Receipt Notice
Jan 6 2018- USCIS N400 Biometrics Scheduled Notice
Jan 26 2018- Biometrics Completed
Jan 31 2018 - USCIS N400 Notice of Interview Scheduled
Mar 14 2018- Interview Date

What was the estimated case completion time for you ? 3 months ?

Was it the same time line shown in your uscis online account under "estimated case completion time" ?
View attachment 823
Good question. No it wasn't. In fact even as of the day of my interview the online system was showing scheduled completion time to be 10 months. There are some serious glitches in the system from what I can tell; in fact, I still get emails from USCIS saying there are no updates at this time we are still reviewing your case. It's hilarious.

Last edited:
@OnceUponAnF1 Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story! It is really inspiring for those of us who are trying to figure out what we might be in for. Also very glad to hear that you got to do this all so quickly despite what USCIS officially told you to expect.

Does anyone have any insight on wait times for online applications at the Tampa sc? We just submitted my husband's N-400 online 4/17 and this morning got notification that they scheduled biometrics for him (although we can't see when yet as it can take "up to a few days" for things to show up in the documents tab). His official wait time is estimated at 8-15 months, but looking at another forum site I saw a couple timelines posted for Tampa where people submitted early Dec. 2017 and had their interviews end of Feb. 2018. They were just timelines though, no stories to go with, so we don't know if they were online submissions--we thought it must be a mistake as earlier timelines were all more like 9 months! Very inspiring to hear here that a 3 month timeline has actually happened for someone even if it wasn't in Tampa!

Hello,

is there an filing online documentation checklist? just like the one for smail application.

Does anyone know what type of documents are required to upload online other than the bare min (ie green card, form of payment). I am guessing photographs no longer required?

Does someone have to upload files for all applicable documents listed in the checklist of M-477?

thanks

Hello,

is there an filing online documentation checklist? just like the one for smail application.

Does anyone know what type of documents are required to upload online other than the bare min (ie green card, form of payment). I am guessing photographs no longer required?

Does someone have to upload files for all applicable documents listed in the checklist of M-477?

thanks

The system will tell you precisely which documents you need to upload based on your response to the questions asked.