• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

Thanks EmilyW, I'll get the regular name check one.

I've obtained a copy of the Syndey consulate's checklist. There are two part I'm pretty sure I don't need to worry about but I'd like to double check just in case. The "Employment Records / O*Net Qualifications" line isn't relevant for those qualifying using their HSC is it? I shouldn't need a CV or proof of employment from the last few years?

The "Australian Citizenship Certificate / Name Change Certificate" line, do I need an Australian Citizenship Certifacte? I don't think I have one of these, I'm an Australian citizen but I just have my passport and birth certificate. Australian Citizenship Certificate seems like something an immigrant to Australia would receive, rather than Australians who are born and raised here.

Your 2nd comment is correct. No such certificate for Australian born ppl.

I would take your CV. They did take mine and asked about my job and whether I could transfer .

Thanks for the replies to those who have replied. So I took the forum's advice to go to a GP and get a blood test of the vaccinations I've had over my lifetime (I took a copy of the list of the required vaccinations from the DV lottery process US gov site). I took my blue baby book (which has written records of what vaccinations I've had over my life) and the GP said it was probably unnecessary to have a blood test as I already have this to show the doctor at the medical. Is this good enough? I'm concerned it might be too informal as they're just written notes of what I've had with a few doctors signatures rather than an official blood test serology report. What are your thoughts or experiences with this fellow OCers?

Thanks for the replies to those who have replied. So I took the forum's advice to go to a GP and get a blood test of the vaccinations I've had over my lifetime (I took a copy of the list of the required vaccinations from the DV lottery process US gov site). I took my blue baby book (which has written records of what vaccinations I've had over my life) and the GP said it was probably unnecessary to have a blood test as I already have this to show the doctor at the medical. Is this good enough? I'm concerned it might be too informal as they're just written notes of what I've had with a few doctors signatures rather than an official blood test serology report. What are your thoughts or experiences with this fellow OCers?

The book may seem informal to us now, but it was probably filled out decades ago. I’d imagine if you had grown up in the US you would have a similar booklet with hand written notes and Doctors signature. I’m sure Consulate Officers have seen that type of record keeping many times and understand that’s how it was done back in the day...

As I am running out of time I went to my GP and got the vaccines that I couldn’t prove that I’d had in the past. Four holes in my arms and a couple of hundred dollars later means I won’t have to be concerned with it again. For what it’s worth the MMR vaccination is free.

Thanks guys, I will just take the book to the medical then. Today I also went the post office to renew my passport (as it only has 2 years left until it expires so it'll save me getting it renewed overseas). I guess I should take both passports to the interview if I can't update my ds-260 in time for the May interviews (though I'm still waiting for the 2nl). Are there any fellow OCer's out there who have received their 2nl for May yet? I'm still waiting patiently (not so much) twiddling my thumbs.

Hi all,

I thought I would provide a guide to what I've spent on the whole process so that some of you can budget for upcoming costs involved in the DV process. I haven't included travel costs as I'm in Sydney for work frequently, and when I am I use a scooter, which means I don't have to pay for parking in the CBD. I have not needed to use any of my Annual Leave to attend any appointments. I was lucky enough to have my original Birth Certificate and High School/Uni transcripts, plus obtaining Military History from Dept. of Defence was free of charge. I guess this is a rough guide as individuals situation will vary.

All prices in $AUD

• Australian National Police Certificate: $42 (full disclosure, no fingerprinting required for DV applicants)
  • Canadian National Police Certificate: $165 (certificate $113, express postage to Canada $38, passport photo $14, and I got the ink fingerprinting done for free).
  • Express Post Envelope for Medical: $8
  • Photos for Medical: $18
  • Medical: $369
  • Pathology: $61
  • X-ray: $80
  • Vaccinations: $120
  • Express Post Platinum satchel: $22
  • US-spec passport photos: $25 (yes, $25!)
  • DV Lottery fee: $430

So there it is so far, $1340. If I've forgotten anything please feel free to comment!

I don’t believe I’ve personally seen any reports of that happening.
It’s my sense that this forum has been a lot quieter than in some past years though. @Britsimon, anything on your blog from anyone about this?
Thought I should update you all that I’ve recieved my 2NL despite the submission of my photo from the previous year. Prepping my documents now and quite excited for my interview set in May. Thanks to you and @Britsimon for the advices.

Thought I should update you all that I’ve recieved my 2NL despite the submission of my photo from the previous year. Prepping my documents now and quite excited for my interview set in May. Thanks to you and @Britsimon for the advices.

You will always receive a 2NL and an interview if you submitted a DS260 (if your number gets current of course), no matter what is or isn’t in the application. Please do update us after the interview. Good luck! Hopefully they won’t even mention the photo.

As @SusieQQQ said, the KCC don't adjudicate cases. They just process them, identify any potential problems and submit the case to the Consulate for their adjudication. Fingers crossed it isn't an issue: it would be good for others to know!

Hi. I'm a OC 9xx but I haven't received my interview notice. I thought I would have had it by the end of March? I did unlock it and resubmit just before the last bulletin. Any thought from those more experienced in this process?

Hello great people
Can anyone please give suggestions on the possible final cut off DV number for Oceania region for fiscal year 2018. Its noted that the number is progressing quite slower than the previous years given the high number of selectees for further processing. Thanks

Hello great people
Can anyone please give suggestions on the possible final cut off DV number for Oceania region for fiscal year 2018. Its noted that the number is progressing quite slower than the previous years given the high number of selectees for further processing. Thanks

The final number will probably be around 1450 to 1500 (roughly).

Have any Aussies here living in the US been able to lodge their US tax return online with sites such as H+R Block? I understand Turbotax won't allow you to enter your Aussie superannuation information.

Hi - just edited my lengthy reply coz realize I gave out way too much personal information :( - to answer your question specifically, all of this can be done with turbotax - I use it every year now.

Of course, don’t forget to file your FBAR (separate to your taxes) stating foreign financial assets (including Aussie super) - failing to do so can apparently draw serious consequences...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for that AussiePeteInFlorida, it's much appreciated.
Which site though can I use to file FBAR for Aussie super, or can that be done on Turbotax too?

Hi again - I have only posted a couple of times in this forum so they will not let me post links yet... you can google FBAR or try and understand this to get to the website:

bsaefiling dot fincen dot treas dot gov

Cheers!!