• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I asked this question on Brit Simon but want to make sure there are no different opinions. I requested to unlock my DS-260 and resubmitted it. Do I use the follow up letter the KCC sent me the first time or will they send an updated one? The old one has a previous address on it. Will that be an issue?
Also, for infopass is it possible to go to anyone in any city or has to be the one in the city I live only?
Thank you.

Simon gave you an accurate response on his blog regarding the DS260 form resubmission. KCC does not send updated letters for AOS.

An INFOPASS to follow up on your case should only be to the FO that has your case file.

Simon gave you an accurate response on his blog regarding the DS260 form resubmission. KCC does not send updated letters for AOS.

An INFOPASS to follow up on your case should only be to the FO that has your case file.

How do you read all those responses on my blog as well as all you do and hold down your job and look after your real life family. You're a machine Mom!

Anyways, congratulations. The notice means you’re approved. Your GC should show up in a couple of days.
You were right!
I figured out that if you use old version of USCIS website egov.uscis.gov there may be no updates for you case like I see:
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 1.43.32 PM.png

But when I registered on my.uscis.gov, I saw real status of my case:
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 11.02.16 AM.png

Conclusion: it's better to track your case using my.uscis.gov

How do you read all those responses on my blog as well as all you do and hold down your job and look after your real life family. You're a machine Mom!

Lol. You actually do a whole lot more than I do. Running you blog like you do seems like a full time job to me, and I know you have an actual full time job. But thanks nonetheless :D

You were right!
I figured out that if you use old version of USCIS website egov.uscis.gov there may be no updates for you case like I see:
View attachment 812

View attachment 813

Did you ever create an account on egov.uscis.gov as instructed by the AOS process spreadsheet or you just entered your receipt number on the home page? What gets displayed on the home page is different from what is actually displayed if an account is created on egov.uscis.gov. Nonetheless, glad you found the new my.uscis.gov though.

Did you ever create an account on egov.uscis.gov as instructed by the AOS process spreadsheet or you just entered your receipt number on the home page? What gets displayed on the home page is different from what is actually displayed if an account is created on egov.uscis.gov. Nonetheless, glad you found the new my.uscis.gov though.
No, I didn't. And sorry I couldn't find anything about that in the spreadsheet. I found links to the page https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do in the sheets "AOS process" and "Useful links"
but nothing about creating an account. Sorry.

You were right!
View attachment 812

View attachment 813

How do you create an account on my.uscis.gov? I've been all over the website and there seems to be no place to create an account.

How long are documents valid like certified legalizations of high diploma, birth certificate, translations, etc for AOS? i want to make sure they won't tell me they are already old.

Use the link from previous post.

Just click on "Create a new account" and use your case number MSCXXXXXXXXXX. It takes 2 minutes to register and then you can track your case.
Thanks. For me both websites show the same thing: "We received your biometrics fee...". My.uscis is just slightly more detailed.

I accidentally posted this on AOS 17 instead of AOS 18. Does anyone have an answer?
What's the difference between walking in for biometrics and going on the scheduled date for biometrics? I read on the timeline some selectees walked in for that before their appointment date? is that allowed?

I accidentally posted this on AOS 17 instead of AOS 18. Does anyone have an answer?
What's the difference between walking in for biometrics and going on the scheduled date for biometrics? I read on the timeline some selectees walked in for that before their appointment date? is that allowed?
it may be allowed. Try it!