• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I have included form I-765 with my package but was told it could take 3-4 months for the EAD to arrive. They will be submitting the H1B petition with premium processing so I am hopeful it will not be pending by the time we reach the AOS approval step.

On another note, I found it odd that my one year old also got a biometric appointment. Does that mean they will have to capture his fingerprints, signature etc as well? Thanks mom.

Okay. Fingers crossed for you. I hope you’re aware though of the fact that H1B petitions now undergo extra scrutiny - the current administration isn’t too enthusiastic about issuing H1Bs.

Yes your one year old needs to attend the bio appointment. His picture and thumbprints need to be captured for his GC - his fingerprints will not be captured and no background check will be carried out on him.

Do I need all my old passports with old visas for the AOS interview like they sometimes ask at Consulates? I don't have them with me in the U.S. so would need my family to send them to me.
How are the interviews so far this year? Are they processing fast enough so far?
Thank you.

Do I need all my old passports with old visas for the AOS interview like they sometimes ask at Consulates? I don't have them with me in the U.S. so would need my family to send them to me.
How are the interviews so far this year? Are they processing fast enough so far?
Thank you.

1. It’s recommended.

2. Check the 2018 Timelines spreadsheet for interview progression.

"On February 27, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number XXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us". Yay!! This is so exiting!!))

I want to thank all of you, especially Mom! @Sm1smom, I appreciate your priceless help sooooo much!!! Thank you for always being here for all of us, for taking your time to response to each of our questions (sometimes stupid ones:rolleyes:)! Thanks for amazing spreadsheet!!!

Best of luck to everybody!!!

"On February 27, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number XXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us". Yay!! This is so exiting!!))

I want to thank all of you, especially Mom! @Sm1smom, I appreciate your priceless help sooooo much!!! Thank you for always being here for all of us, for taking your time to response to each of our questions (sometimes stupid ones:rolleyes:)! Thanks for amazing spreadsheet!!!

Best of luck to everybody!!!

Great news! Congratulations!! Hope your husband’s status issue gets successfully resolved soon.

Finally my INTERVIEW experience:
Before I went in I called KCC to ask if they have requested my file and they said NO.

I arrived 10 minutes before time, did all the check ins and was called exactly on time. I took the oath to tell the truth at first.

The interviewer was clear he asked for my passport, then confirmed date of birth, place of birth, do I have children. He then said he has gone through my file and everything looks good . He then proceeded to the yes and no questions. Out of it I had a yes to one them which asked if I have been denied visa before, and asked what kind and why I was coming to do by that time. Note I was denied for J-1 visa 8 years ago in my home country.

He didn't ask for any documents apart from the passport. He was very friendly we laughed through most of them. Then he started explaining what I have to do in order to get my citizenship and saying I cannot be out of US for more than 2 and half years if I want to be considered for citizenship after holding the green card for five years. Also I cannot stay out of US continuously more than one year. He finally said its all good he will request my file from KCC because he already has a visa for me. He gave me a letter saying my case is under review. I thanked him and left. I called KCC after 3 hours to ask if they have requested my file and they said YES.

After 5 days status changed to New Card Is Being Produced and 3 days later was mailed to me.

Thank you very much for your guidance and help Sm1smom ;and the whole community , everyone should trust the system and should have patience it will all work out. God bless

Attached is the interview experiences for past AOSers from 2015-2017 for community
Thank you for all those interview experiences put together.

If I made a tiny mistake in the end date of employment, should I notify IO at the beginning of the interview? May it be considered as offering up information that wasn't asked?

To people doing early filing: a friend of mine pointed out to me that there's been a recent spike in (wrongful) rejections of DV related i-485s. DHS recognized the problem. They recently (on 01/11/2018) updated the following page: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/diversity-visa
She recommends to print that page (along with the memo mentioned in the AOS spreadsheet) and highlight the following part:
As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. ...
Hi, you are saying there's been a spike in wrongful rejections for early filing, so far I have just seen one updated on the "timelines" spreadsheet, and have not seen others in this forum, am I missing something? Thanks.

Hi, you are saying there's been a spike in wrongful rejections for early filing, so far I have just seen one updated on the "timelines" spreadsheet, and have not seen others in this forum, am I missing something? Thanks.
Timelines cover only people reading this forum *and willing* to share that information. The hint I got comes from "external source".

Hi everyone one

My interview is scheduled .
Are we suppose to get any mail from local USCIS office before actual interview date ?

Thank you

I got the letter from USCIS about my interview date
I am using informed delivery USPS . I just saw there is mail from local USCIS , I am woundering what’s

Hello again :)

@Sm1smom, My husband just received a job offer from a big company which is in home country. Since his master hearing is scheduled in 2019 and my husband wants to leave the US asap, his lawyer is suggesting Voluntary departure which does not have a bar to seeking admission at a port-of-entry at any time. So now it makes me wonder: does it mean that voluntary departure also would give him a chance to apply for Consular processing by September 30th deadline? Since he is going back to home country for a new job I would like him to apply for GC if there is still a chance and come back to me:( and also who knows how things will go with this new job... Maybe @Britsimon would have any idea as an expert in CP?
P.S.: my husband asked his lawyer, but it seems like his lawyer doesn't know much about DV lottery, because he kept saying something about I-130