TN renewal through I-129

roku

Hello, I am wondering what documents need to be sent to USCIS to renew my TN visa. Any help is appreciated.

Post Secondary / Degree Certificate
Resume
Tax history / w2
Last 2 payroll information
A filled 129 with supporting TN letter
Previous work experience letters

I think that should be good.

Huh?

Post Secondary / Degree Certificate - Depends on category, bachelors degree only
Resume - NO!
Tax history / w2 - NO!
Last 2 payroll information - NO!
Previous work experience letters - Only if using diploma instead of degree.

Raju, let's stick to accurate answers, or none at all.

Huh?

Post Secondary / Degree Certificate - Depends on category, bachelors degree only
Resume - NO!
Tax history / w2 - NO!
Last 2 payroll information - NO!
Previous work experience letters - Only if using diploma instead of degree.

Raju, let's stick to accurate answers, or none at all.

One more question:
I129 needs to be filled by employer only, or I can fill it out by myself only using the employer TN supporting letter?

Sometimes employer are not to well aware of this document and they think that this document compromises them under USCIS,

The employer has to sign and submit the I-129. In the end it is their petition, but you can certainly fill in all the blanks, and have them, sign it and send it in.

Nelson,

This is what our HR asks us and its worked every time. We are grateful for your leadership and your efforts for timely communication. Having said that, some of us know what we are talking and have practically gone through some of these processes. Lets not spin everything in one dimension.

There are a ton of papers out there lawyers request for TN and I am speaking from experience. Thanks.

lawyers are least familiar with TN that those who have had them -- like you and me. There is never a requirement for a resume. never. Only experience letters matter. There is never a requirement for tax or history. Your HR -- who is even less knowledgeable -- is being confused with h1-B process (which I am also familiar with), which is completely different, due to LCA requirements and which *can* require proof of meeting LCA with paystubs.

So, as I said, stick to facts rather than personal experience with an un-knowledgeable HR. That is what people want here.

I beg to differ, people can find facts on the USCIS website. They come here to get peoples opinion and experience and how they went through the process in order to be successful. And most of the employers who file a 129 will want those kind of papers. Eventually people need lawyers to file a 129 for them, most large companies dont hand out a completed 129 for an employee to mail out to immigration. If a person is filing for an extension from within the US , he/she is completely at the mercy of his lawyers and HR. The fact that they are here is because they want the opinion and experience of others. Good Luck !