what misdemeanor that won't prevent me from getting my citizenship

iken

I am currently eligible to apply for citizenship but recently something happen between me and my bank. i had some bounce check. to make story short. the prosecutor its willing to negotiate with me but they are wondering what misdemeanor they can offer me that but won't prevent my chances to neutraliztion.

If i were you i wouldnt accept any plea deals
Accepting a plea deal in the eyes of immigration. Thats you admitting guilt!!
In NJ even when you go to traffic court. Some Judges State if you are not a citizen in the US. Consult with an immigration attorney before accepting any plea deals
I was arrested several times “very ashamed” turned my life around and got my citizenship

Lukily i always retained the services of an attorney and never accepted any pleas. Got charges dismissed

Get a lawyer and fight the charge. If not. Be prepared to deal with the immigration consequences!!

Can you elaborate a little more on the charges and what happened? That way you can get the best advice possible

Last edited:
I am currently eligible to apply for citizenship but recently something happen between me and my bank. i had some bounce check. to make story short. the prosecutor its willing to negotiate with me but they are wondering what misdemeanor they can offer me that but won't prevent my chances to neutraliztion.

Am I the only one who thinks it strange that the prosecutor is waiting for you to tell them what to offer, that you need to go looking on Internet forums for?

If you’re serious about naturalization at least spend a few $$ on a competent attorney who can give you a proper answer (and advise of any implications such as jbuff has raised concerns about).

still not answering my question.
If you don't have an idea, just don't answer.

This is a public forum, if you don’t want people expressing their opinions on your situation, don’t post about it!

And I agree with the previous post about finding it strange that a prosecutor is waiting for you to tell him/her the appropriate charge to file against you. If this is indeed true, you should indeed spend some money and go talk to a lawyer about your situation.

Actually ur question was answered!!

If you arent a citizen of the U.S.
any plea deal you take will affect your citizenship. That is why i said fight the case. Get a lawyer

With my run ins with the law. Prosecutors are quick to offer plea deals when they cant prove their case

And in this great country of america. You are innocent until proven guilty. Take my advice. Get a laywer. Either you get a criminal lawyer and fight your case. Now. Or you”re gonna need an immigration lawyer down the road. Either way you need a lawyer!! Just a matter of “what type of lawyer”

Agreed, on a public forum, anyone may respond. Don't post if you're hyper sensitive and take offense.
Best to deal with an experienced attorney who is versed in the nuances of the law you're charged under.

Agreed, on a public forum, anyone may respond. Don't post if you're hyper sensitive and take offense.
Best to deal with an experienced attorney who is versed in the nuances of the law you're charged under.
who is hyper sensitive...just hush!

who is hyper sensitive...just hush!

Jeez dude, if you don’t want public opinion, don’t post in a forum. Jbuff is totally right, you need a lawyer, just choose now or later /what type. Then when you’re paying him or her, feel free to tell them to hush.

u make no sense. someone asking u for an opinion, then u telling him to go find a lawyer. i just wanted to hear your opinion?

u make no sense. someone asking u for an opinion, then u telling him to go find a lawyer. i just wanted to hear your opinion?

You don’t thinking telling you to go consult a lawyer is “an opinion”? :rolleyes:

And if u have no opinion, just...zip it!

Again this is a public forum, and I caution you for the last time against asking contributors to stop commenting just because it isn’t what you want to hear.

How’s this for an opinion: asking a bunch of anonymous posters on a forum to give you advice on a legal issue that could jeopardize your ability to gain citizenship is pretty silly.