• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Congratulations on your marriage. Have you planned it so that you will have enough time to unlock the DS and add the spouse before the interview is scheduled?

Thank you! We will be married on 27th May so I think given that our number is at EU32XXX the time is okay. What do you think?

Thank you! We will be married on 27th May so I think given that our number is at EU32XXX the time is okay. What do you think?

Hmmm... I don't know, @Britsimon has a better idea of the possible delays involved in unlocking DS260s for something like this, but it sounds very late to me to be honest. Remember you get interview notification about 6-8 weeks before the actual interview, and the spouse needs to have been added on to the application and his/her DS260 processed to be added on to the interview. Even if you add and they process instantly (i don't know if that's even possible) after your marriage, that's only going to work for an August or September interview. If they schedule you(r spouse) earlier, the interview will be scheduled as single and that's going to be a major PITA to work around for most consulates. If someone is not on the interview schedule, they are not allowed in and cannot get a visa.

Hmmm... I don't know, @Britsimon has a better idea of the possible delays involved in unlocking DS260s for something like this, but it sounds very late to me to be honest. Remember you get interview notification about 6-8 weeks before the actual interview, and the spouse needs to have been added on to the application and his/her DS260 processed to be added on to the interview. Even if you add and they process instantly (i don't know if that's even possible) after your marriage, that's only going to work for an August or September interview. If they schedule you(r spouse) earlier, the interview will be scheduled as single and that's going to be a major PITA to work around for most consulates. If someone is not on the interview schedule, they are not allowed in and cannot get a visa.

Do you need to have the DS260 unlocked and the spouse added BEFORE they send you the e-mail for the interview?

Do you need to have the DS260 unlocked and the spouse added BEFORE they send you the e-mail for the interview?
If you want the spouse at the interview and to get a visa alongside the principal, generally, yes. It’s still possible to get the spouse a visa afterwards if he or she can’t attend the interview, but that makes it all far more complicated than it needs to be.
There are one or two embassies where people are responsive and you can add a spouse to the interview in the interim between notification and interview date, but it’s rare and difficult and certainly can’t be done without a processed DS260. No one can interview without a processed DS260.

We thought that my partner would receive the e-mail for the interview around June or July based on her number of EU32XXX and that we would marry in May and contact the KCC right after the marriage. Do you think we should get marry before and contact them immediately? My partner had some professional consulting from a Green Card consulting service and what we were told was that our date was quite okay and we had no problem.

We thought that my partner would receive the e-mail for the interview around June or July based on her number of EU32XXX and that we would marry in May and contact the KCC right after the marriage. Do you think we should get marry before and contact them immediately? My partner had some professional consulting from a Green Card consulting service and what we were told was that our date was quite okay and we had no problem.

Does this “professional green card consulting service” specialize in DVs? Of course if you want to go with the advice you paid for that’s fine, but I’m wondering if this professional service did tell you that the DS needed to be processed before an interview can happen? You can’t just “contact” KCC, you need to submit the DS. The official instructions (linked from the selection letter) are clear about this too, it doesn’t say anything about contacting KCC:

The principal applicant and all family members applying for a diversity visa in the DV-2018 and DV-2019 program must complete Form DS-260. You will need to enter your DV case number into the online DS-260 form to access and update the information about yourself and your family that you included in your DV entry.

If your family circumstances have changed after you entered the lottery, for example, if you have gotten married or had a child, you will need to add your new family members to your case. (“Family member” refers to a spouse and/or unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery.) When adding family members to your case, you will need to upload a document to prove your relationship to the family member being added.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ur-iv-and-alien-registration-application.html

Also note if the interview notification comes earlier than you expect, say in May before the wedding, KCC can do nothing as your case will already have been handed over to the consulate. Did the professional consultant inform of you that possible outcome? Numbers may seem slow now but in past years they have sped up unexpectedly sometimes.

Also note if the interview notification comes earlier than you expect, say in May before the wedding, KCC can do nothing as your case will already have been handed over to the consulate. Did the professional consultant inform of you that possible outcome? Numbers may seem slow now but in past years they have sped up unexpectedly sometimes.

Thank you for the detailed answer. Yes we were informed on that but the problem is, this "professional service" told us that May was okay for the date. But now that you mention the possibility of the numbers going faster and the interview notification arriving before the wedding day, we are quite stressed. Which date would be okay latest, would you say? I know it is not possible to exactly guess which date they would send the interview notification but generally speaking as a guess? And how much time do they need between processing the marriage and sending the interview notification?

That's just asking for stress. I would bring the marriage forward, but if you are certain you cannot do that, you will have to act as fast as possible once married.

Hey everyone, I am also a DV 2018 winner. Did my landing from Canada, returned back to Canada. The green cards arrived at my brother's address in US. Can I travel to US now to pick up my green card? My visa is still valid for another 6 months. Or should I ask him to mail it to me? Thanks

Hey everyone, I am also a DV 2018 winner. Did my landing from Canada, returned back to Canada. The green cards arrived at my brother's address in US. Can I travel to US now to pick up my green card? My visa is still valid for another 6 months. Or should I ask him to mail it to me? Thanks

Yes you can still travel back to the US with your endorsed visa.

I’m curious about your phrasing - “Can I travel to US now to pick up my green card?” This sounds like you’re planning on a very short visit. When do you plan on moving permanently to the US?

Yes you can still travel back to the US with your endorsed visa.
I’m curious about your phrasing - “Can I travel to US now to pick up my green card?” This sounds like you’re planning on a very short visit. When do you plan on moving permanently to the US?
Planning to move in the summer. Is that an issue? How long can you be outside? 6 months?

Planning to move in the summer. Is that an issue? How long can you be outside? 6 months?

A year, but not repeatedly. I’ve heard of Canadians trying to “live both places” once they get a green card, so good you’re planning to move properly. With one short trip to activate and another short one to fetch your green card, don’t be surprised to get some CBP questioning, but you should be fine.

Hello everyone :):) First time here :) I'm one for the selectees for 2018,my CN is 2018EU00009*** I'm from Serbia :) Hugs for all :):):)

Is there a sheet for the consulate processing similar to the AOS one? if so how can I find the link please ?

You already have a link to the step by step guide for CP on your selectee notification letter which people should be referring to if they’re going the CP route, so there’s no need for anyone to create a similar spreadsheet like that of the AOS which doesn’t have a clearly defined process laid out.

You already have a link to the step by step guide for CP on your selectee notification letter which people should be referring to if they’re going the CP route, so there’s no need for anyone to create a similar spreadsheet like that of the AOS which doesn’t have a clearly defined process laid out.
I think my question was not clear, I am processing AOS while my husband will be going through CP since he works overseas, is there a forum or guidance how he can start the process when we complete ours here in the US?

I think my question was not clear, I am processing AOS while my husband will be going through CP since he works overseas, is there a forum or guidance how he can start the process when we complete ours here in the US?

Okay, the issue here is not that of your question being clear. You actually did not ask the right question since what you’re trying to find out about is the Follow-To-Join (FTJ) process, not simply information about processing CP.

To start with, did you indicate on your DS260 form that your husband will be processing FTJ? Which country is your husband based in?

Hello everyone,
I would know if i have to translate the change of surname of my wife when she was 16 y/o.
This document is in Thailand language and consulate interview is in Italy

Hello everyone,
I would know if i have to translate the change of surname of my wife when she was 16 y/o.
This document is in Thailand language and consulate interview is in Italy

Hello there!
Did you already received the interview appointment?
If no: you better contact KCC as they will for sure give you a right answer after consulting with the Italian embassy.KCC can be contacted over email at KCCDV@state.gov. Don't forget to start the email with the full details of your case (CN, full name, date of birth, post country).
If yes: you better contact the Italian Embassy of US where you will be interviewing. As stated above, but now directly involving the embassy, someone there will for sure let you know the right step.

In most of the cases they are reviewing the documentation as it is in the official language of your country of citizenship with the needed translation to English or to the local language of the country where you will interview.

Best of luck with everything and let us know the final result of your processing.