question regarding travel entering the US with GC for first time ..

hello everyone i got my green card approved based on asylum class (AS8) last month and i am travelling next week to serbia to meet up with a friend and i will be back in 15 days to the states my question that i will use my national passport to travel and enter the US with National Passport + GC upon entering will CBP officer ask me many questions and give me a hard time about my trip and will ask me why i am using National passport to travel ? or will just take a look at my GC and let me in without questions ? thank you all

An officer will check both you passport and your Green Card. They usually ask questions. If nothing is unusual about your travel you shouldn't be grilled at the border.

Most likely, the only questions you'll face will not have anything to do with asylum, unless you have a very knowledgeable officer, and you're traveling to your COP.

thanks for the answers , so most likely it will be normal questions like how long i stayed overseas and what countries did i visit , i red that cbp officers don't stamp green card holders national passports is that true ?

I just remembered that you probably won't even encounter an officer - you'll use automated passport control. No stamps.

i saw automated passport control kiosks before in jfk but never used it at all , so i only scan my green card and answer the questions then it will print receipt with X or without X then i go to the officer standing on the desk then what happens there ? he just look to verify my green card with the receipt then let me go ? thank you cafeconleche you always been helpful with your info

US and Canadian LPRs Can’t use automated passport Kiosks at US airports including the passport app but US and Canadian passport holders can but LPR can if Global pass /Nexus requirements are met after application ,I recently went through Global entry applications process and CBP officer clarified all that including Entry using green card- you want even be questioned at airport just present green card and passport. read https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/apc. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

i saw automated passport control kiosks before in jfk but never used it at all , so i only scan my green card and answer the questions then it will print receipt with X or without X then i go to the officer standing on the desk then what happens there ? he just look to verify my green card with the receipt then let me go ? thank you cafeconleche you always been helpful with your info
I believe the receipt will indicate whether you need to be seen by an immigration officer or not, and a staff member will look at the receipt, and either direct you to an immigration officer, or to continue on to collect your luggage and go through customs.

US and Canadian LPRs Can’t use automated passport Kiosks at US airports including the passport app but US and Canadian passport holders can but LPR can if Global pass /Nexus requirements are met after application ,I recently went through Global entry applications process and CBP officer clarified all that including Entry using green card- you want even be questioned at airport just present green card and passport. read https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/apc. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control
US permanent residents can use APC.

Of course LPRs can use automated passport control!

The receipt is mostly for customs, not passport control officers, so don't bring anything you'd need to disclose, and you will likely sail through without ever dealing with a person.

I have travelled several times and this is how I do it (or how the process works). Exit the plane, go to APC kiosk, scan your GC and do fingerprints/pic, receipt prints out and you take it to the officer. I only present GC and receipt to them. Passport/RTD is not a required document if you have GC. Most of the times they just saw it asked me if I have anything to declare or where I was coming from (1 or 2 and). It happened to me twice that the officer asked me to show my passport. I just handed him my RTD without saying anything. They just stamped it and let me go. In other words, passports are not mandatory for GC holders and a physical stamp isn’t mandatory either. Entry is electronically recorded