Any way to file L1-A Petition before the end of one year?

qj123

Registered Users (C)
Is there any way to file a petition for L1A before the end of 1 year in foreign company along with a letter of intent that the travel will be after the completion of one year?

My attorney says no but I am not too sure.

Q

Not really. You won't be qualified to file the petition. The law says, you need to be qualified for filing the petiton.

In case your company has a blanket petition, then you can apply under the blanket petition at the consulate after the completion of six months. But that will also change in about three months time. I read in the Appropriations Bill that the 6 month requirement for blanket will be raised to 1 year as the regular one.

See details:
http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-News/?a=156&z=10

Thanks Gopal.

My company has Blanket L1 but I have spent 6 years on H1 before I came back.

Does this present a scenario that they file the petition but I travel after one year completion which means I can avail no LC provision under L1A?

I have no problem waiting one year but the lag at the appointments and then the petition filing and approval takes so much of time that we guys have to start thinking about workarounds. My reason for early petition is just one....I cannot schedule the appointment unless it is filed which has another two month lag!

Q