ttsvisas not allowing to obtain appointment ..

mramanna

hi,

I'm a L-1 visa holder and my petition is about to expire on 04/10/05. My employer has filed for extension and it is expected to be approved by end of feb 05 .

Now, I'm going back to India in May for my wedding, but ttsvisas website does not allow me to obtain appointment with my current petition. If I wait till my extension gets approved, I may not get the appointment in chennai..

so, that is my situation.. any suggestions ??

thanks for your help !!

i know your pain :)

Painful way - you can hit reload all day and all night and if somebody drops an appointment, grab it.

Smart way - First, get a copy of the extension application receipt notice from your employer. This will have a receipt number, like AAA9999959999. Enter this as your petiton number and book an appointment.

when you actually receive the approval, the approval number may turn out to be the same as your receipt number. In that case, you are done, you can keep your appointment.

if the number is different:
- install roboform in Internet Explorer
- train it to autofill all info to book an appointment, and approval number
- install firefox [don't skip this, or cookies will get mixed up]

At a time when both folks in India and USA are not likely to be near their computers, get ready. Open firefox, bring up your old appointment. Open IE, go to TTVisas and be ready.

Now drop your old appointment in firefox. Now quickly switch to IE and fill out a new appointment. You should be able to do this in under few seconds because you have trained roboform to fill out all info.

Now, hopefully you will get your old appointment that you dropped in the other window.

If you decide to follow above, you are strictly taking all the risk. Don't blame me if it did not work or something bad happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have it down to an art!

Way to go man!

I am in the same boat although my petition is not filed yet. But I wanted to book the appt. too so as to save some time.

Q

mramanna

did it help?? I am totally bowled over by "Talkative" in depth knowledge.. Good for U... :)

Unable to Schedule Appointment from ttsvisas website

Hi,
I am on the last page of making the appointment for h4 visa at tha calcutta consulate but the website is not showing any dates after May 2005 . And all the dates till may are full.

What are my options now to get an appointment at the Calcutta Consulate?

Thank You
il_labor