Does anyone know good relaxation technique?

wow the_matrix, this sounds like an ideal environment to relax!!! But meditation part is tooooooo difficult but sure I can keep looking at the statue of Budha with candles around.

Busy

Keep Busy is the key. Pursue a hobby, it helps a lot trust me!! Likw MS001 mentioned, Gym is indeed a very effective solution to reduce stress, not just the gym, long walks or jogs will help.
I myself visit the gym every other day and it keeps my energy level up and stress down. Don't watch the tube a lot, it leaves an empty feeling after you get up wasting about an hour or so watching it.
Above all, thank God for he has given you, trust me there are so many less fortunate souls. Take a trip to a hospital, I did recently as a friend of mine had a motorcycle accident and just the sight of the patients made me express my gratitude to the almighty and say a prayer for the less fortunate.
I had promised myself that I would take part only in immigration related matters, however this topic, I found interesting as I have been there too and have bounced back thought not totally.
Good Luck and look outside right now and enjoy the natural beauty for a change rather than looking for materialistic beauty.....

Its Called Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) or OCD (Obssesive Compulsive disorder). Now a days common to lots of people.
PAXIL Is considered to be the best medicine for this, of course every body else told all other alternatives YOGA, GYM etc. I too agrree. Check in Google for "PAXILPALS" there is a forum where people talk about this with eachother.
Do you smoke....then quit, that is one of the reasons for anxiety.

hmm abhi

Originally posted by abhi_01201
Patiencegc -

I think watching a catfight will be relaxing for me.

What is it about women? We find it entertaining to see them fight with each other and also see them love each other!

:confused:

hmm abhi

Originally posted by abhi_01201
Patiencegc -

I think watching a catfight will be relaxing for me.

What is it about women? We find it entertaining to see them fight with each other and also to see them love each other!

:confused:

My point was that pets are a great centering source. It doesn't have to be a cat - just about any pet will do.

Even I was suspecting GAD but wanted to overcome in other ways.......is it possible?? I think you are a doc and can advice me on it. I am scared of the side effects of the medicine.

This might not be the right thing to suggest on this site...but...Sex ...and more of it..very good stress reliever.....

Hope it helps!!!!!!!!

The medication is useless, just creates a dependency between you and the shrink and they try to pray upon your insecurities to keep that tie. I did that once and finally found the courage to flush them down the toilet. You need to try and spend time with friends who actually listen. I strongly recoomend against trying to take the "path of least resistence" and popping pills. Its tougher to face the fact life hands out shit far too often but you'll be a stronger person for it if you do.

Ahhh ... Anita Gupta ...

missed u big time. How have ya been ? :)

Originally posted by Anita Gupta
The medication is useless, just creates a dependency between you and the shrink and they try to pray upon your insecurities to keep that tie. I did that once and finally found the courage to flush them down the toilet. You need to try and spend time with friends who actually listen. I strongly recoomend against trying to take the "path of least resistence" and popping pills. Its tougher to face the fact life hands out shit far too often but you'll be a stronger person for it if you do.

I totally agree with you Anita Gupta, even I tried some medicines and gave me nothing other than the feeling of dependency and I can't trust these psychiatrists also..........god knows whether they do their business or really help us. Thats why I am into other alternatives. Though I am also a doctor but never praticed so don't know how much advantage they can take out of patients.

485GCCase ..

At one time (sometime in July/August) I just couldn't take the stress anymore. At work I became little grumpy and stopped socializing. o I took some time off...traveled a little bit and during the travel came across the meditation technique. It really works ..

Now I feel no stress at all. I am still friends with all the co-workers, I do socialize, always keep smiling and keep good attitude. It's all because of the meditation !
It really cleans your mind.

And a surprising thing happened recently ...I was asked to transfer to our headquarters in Boston......So no more NJ for me ...I will be exiting from the exit 10 of NJTP to Boston ...

I can understand that, its always good to use Meditation or TM...
(Transcdental Meditation) check the website of Maharshi institute for TM. But if it really bothers you, PAXIL might work....its non habitual and you can be out of it safely.
This anxiety's,panic's etc are due to Chemical inbalance in the brain, which leads to Depression. The latest medicines are a breakthru in medical technology. Check it out.

DONT

even think of medication please. I know cases...... it just gives you a futher complex and a feeling of being sick.
Just my thoughts.

I find that long drives and/or taking a shower releves my stress. Shower is meditational for me because I can concentrate on the rythmic sound of the water, and driving because I get my mind of what's stresing me while I'm concentrating on driving

PatienceGC

Why it is exciting for men to see women fighting?

Like my good friend Seinfeld says - if the women comes close to being in blows( or scratchings) there is a chance they might kiss each other.

I guess we two have to keep this very heavy discussions kinda light.

Some more

1. Massage at places like Spa sydell... massages and nothing else ;)

2.Candles

3. Pop in Enigma MCMXC Cd and read a book or switch off the lights and listen

4. Bubble bath with candles

5. Sleep more

2,3 and 4 maybe considered as non-masculine so I would advise that you keep it secret :D

I will try different techniques for about an year and if still feel the same then might go for psychotherapy......and if that too won't help then would opt for medication. I once took fluoxetin(antidepressant) and the side effects were bigger cause of further depression.