Most Important:::::Education Evaluation Agencies for Civil Engineer

oad

HI All,

I am Canadian and apply for jobs as a civil engineer in the USA. I have Bachelor of Civil Engineering (4 years program) from Pakistan and have done master of civil engineering (2 years program ) from Japan. I need to get my education evaluated by agencies which should be easy.

1) Which one is the best agency to get degree/transcripts evaluated as per NACES?
2) Which type of evaluation do I need to apply? for example General Evaluation? or course by course with or without GPA?
3) Should I go to get Master's degree evaluated too? If I do not inform my master's degree TN visa officer at the port then will it be a problem for me?

Actually, I have done a master's from Japan. So it is hectic and hard to contact with Japanese university to get a verification first. TN status application needs only a 4-year bachelor's degree which I have. And it is easy to contact a bachelor's university from Pakistan because there are friends and relatives there.

4) Can you please share with me any templates for offer letters and TN letters where I can get some ideas? Please email me (gulshan.oad@gmail.com).

Please guide me as per the above questions because I want to prepare documents in advance.

Best Regards

For TN, you simply need your Bach. degree evaluated against a US Bach degree. you submit your transcript. UofT and WES are two organizations that do this regularly.

For TN, you simply need your Bach. degree evaluated against a US Bach degree. you submit your transcript. UofT and WES are two organizations that do this regularly.
Thanks for your reply.

i donot see the name lkke UofT in the current list as per NACES. Whats full form of UofT.

WES is so tough and time taking organisation for pakistani institutions. If I go with other organisation as per following list will it be accepted by visa officer at port ?

What kind of evalution visa officer accept ? Means 01) General Evalution or 2) Course by Course Evaluation with/without GPA?

Ok i got it UofT is univeristy of toronto. But I am looking for work in USA not in Canada and i need tn as canadian in usa. So UofT is not approved in the list as per NACES. please check approved list in NACES. UofT might be for US and mexican citizen if some one wants to work in Canada.

Can i go to get it evaluated with other organisation instead of WES ( its time taking and hectic process for pakistani universities)?? Acutally WES asks pakistani graduated persons to get evauluated from Pakistani Higher Educatiin Commision ( it is public organisation which controls all pakistani universities) instead of Pakistani universities.

So 1st i need to go through Pakistani HEC and HEC has tough creteria and expensive too. Then HEC also asks me again to go my parent university 1st for evalution. There is long loop hectic process.

Others organisation as per NACES want me to get sealed envolopes from my parent university. Thats it. It is easy and economical process for me.

The eval does not have to be done by a firm on the NACES list. UofT does evals for US purposes.

But, if you want to use such a firm, and you have the list, why are you asking here? You tell them what it is for, and they will twell you what they need.

The eval does not have to be done by a firm on the NACES list. UofT does evals for US purposes.

But, if you want to use such a firm, and you have the list, why are you asking here? You tell them what it is for, and they will twell you what they need.
I am asking here to double-check from experienced persons that am I correct or if am I missing something to go the right path.

Still, I am confused too.

By the way thanks for your reply.

I used WES for both TN , and later for H1-B and Green Card, with no problems.

I think the problem you face is more with the difficulty in getting the official transcripts from your school(s) to the eval firm.

I used WES for both TN , and later for H1-B and Green Card, with no problems.

I think the problem you face is more with the difficulty in getting the official transcripts from your school(s) to the eval firm.
Yes you r right.

Other organizations as per NACES need sealed documents from parent university directly.

Do you think that can I go other organisation to get equavalency except WES / UofT? If yes could I face any issue at border at the time tn visa application in term of equavalency ( eval) ?

One more question , do civil engineer and architect ocupation as per Nafta require equivalnecy ( evaluation) to show at border.???

You suggestion ll put me right direction because you r very experienced and knowledgable person in this forum.

Thanks for your support and guideline.

Note: Architect is my wife occupation.

Best Regards

Any non-North American degree used to qualify MUST be evaluated to be accepted for TN.

Any non-North American degree used to qualify MUST be evaluated to be accepted for TN.
Thanks for your response, really appreciated it.

One more question, I have an Engineering In Training ( EIT) License from the public regular body of Alberta. My Pakistani and Japanese degrees/transcript ( Academic) are already evaluated by APEGA Alberta (it is a regularity body). So APEGA issued me EIT.

Should I still go for an evaluation of my degrees/transcript ? Is there any exemption from evaluation for a TN visa if somebody has EIT from Canada?

Your comments and suggestion will help me a lot.

This evaluation does not apply for US purposes.

Now, if you had an actual engineering license from Alberta (you do not), then you could use this instead of any educational requirements, but that does not apply to you.

This evaluation does not apply for US purposes.

Now, if you had an actual engineering license from Alberta (you do not), then you could use this instead of any educational requirements, but that does not apply to you.
Thanks for your reply.

One thing I want to know from your reply in detail. What is an " Actual Engineering License from Alberta" Do you know the name of that license?

As a member in training of the Alberta order, I'm sure you have the resources to find that out. C'mon man, use your own spoon.

As a member in training of the Alberta order, I'm sure you have the resources to find that out. C'mon man, use your own spoon.
Thanks for ur reply again,

Yes I am member in training (MIT) or engineering in training (EIT) in Alberta too.

Alberta ( Govt body) has issued me such license ( EIT or MIT) after detail evaluation of my pakistani and japanese credentials. Then Board of APEGA Alberta given me two choices 1) Confirmatory Exams and 2) Interview. So i went through interview which I passed. This license is totally based on academic credentials which is equal to Canadian standard. According to you . If it is Actual Engineering license then I have that one.

Still i donot have P.Eng ( Professional Engineer) from APEGA Alberta Canada because i donot have 4 year work experience under Canadian P.Engg holder. If I will get it such experience then i could get full license from Alberta as P.ENG. In addition to that i have P.Eng from Pakistan too.

Just try to explain my situation so that i could get further direction.

EIT and MIT, are NOT licenses, these are merely memberships.. So, you do NOT have a PE license in US or Canada. You will need to provide the Education credentials (properly evaluated) as was already discussed to get a TN.

By the way, you will only get Alberta license if/when you return to live in Alberta. You must be resident of a province to get that province's license.

EIT and MIT, are NOT licenses, these are merely memberships.. So, you do NOT have a PE license in US or Canada. You will need to provide the Education credentials (properly evaluated) as was already discussed to get a TN.

By the way, you will only get Alberta license if/when you return to live in Alberta. You must be resident of a province to get that province's license.
I got it. Thanks for your reply Nelson.

One more question that if there is not written as " Length of program of Bachelor Degree = 4 years
" on evaluation report then will it be probelm during TN visa application at border?

However credetial evaluation agent mentions on final report that Pakistani Bachelor Degree is equivalent to US bachelor degree without legnth of program.

Will it work or be accepted by Border officer if there is no legnth of program on final eva report .

Once again thank for your information and knowledge

I don't think failure to mention the length of study is an issue. But, that will be up to you to convince the CBP officer at the border. Much will depend on who is making this claim. This is the first you are mentioning that you have had an evaluation done. Who did it? Are they reputable? Was the claim that the Pakistani degree is equivalent to the US degree merely a self-serving statement from a "credential evaluation agent" whatever that is?

These are questions for you (not me) to satisfactorily answer at the border. If it doesn't work, you are back to step one: getting an evaluation from a recognized agency.

I don't think failure to mention the length of study is an issue. But, that will be up to you to convince the CBP officer at the border. Much will depend on who is making this claim. This is the first you are mentioning that you have had an evaluation done. Who did it? Are they reputable? Was the claim that the Pakistani degree is equivalent to the US degree merely a self-serving statement from a "credential evaluation agent" whatever that is?

These are questions for you (not me) to satisfactorily answer at the border. If it doesn't work, you are back to step one: getting an evaluation from a recognized agency.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Still i did not apply for evaluation.

Just searched another agency named ECE ( charterd member of NACES since 1987 and it looks same standard of WES but WES is tough for me).

ECE needs me to submit the attested copy of degree and transcript in sealed envelope from my parent university rather than Pakistani Higher Education Commision ( they need me to submit original docs etc etc , very long procedure).

In the same time I have seen ECE sample report from their website and discussed via helpline phone with agent of ECE where I found they donot mention length of program.

ECE agent told me that Bachelor Degree in USA means mimimum 4 year program . It is automatically understood.

If ECE mentions on report that my pakistani bachelor degree is equal to Us bachelor degree. It means or understood that i have done 4 year Bachelor degree.

Any further suggestion and coments from your side it will be appreciated.