Applied for I485, only check is cashed and not the other check.

aatishdalvi

I had applied for I485 along with my wife as our GC filing date is current. The initial application was rejected because of missing information so our lawyer rechecked all the paperwork and resent the application with the same checks. I checked my bank account and only 1 check is cashed by USCIS for the amount $1225 and other check is not cashed yet. Do I wait for one more week, as it is only 3 days that one check is cashed or does it mean that there is any issue with the paper work? or does USCIS usually do this, that they deduct one check and and then check everything and then deducts the other check when the application can be moved ahead for approval?

I had applied for I485 along with my wife as our GC filing date is current. The initial application was rejected because of missing information so our lawyer rechecked all the paperwork and resent the application with the same checks. I checked my bank account and only 1 check is cashed by USCIS for the amount $1225 and other check is not cashed yet. Do I wait for one more week, as it is only 3 days that one check is cashed or does it mean that there is any issue with the paper work? or does USCIS usually do this, that they deduct one check and and then check everything and then deducts the other check when the application can be moved ahead for approval?
@aatishdalvi our package wasn’t rejected, however we have the same case - only one our check was cashed. Could you please let me know how it worked out for you?