Planning to drive to Peace Bridge for TN/TD(Firt time)CSA - concerns!!!

mnasif1986

Hi Folks,
Great job on responding and helping out much appreciated in advance.

I will be going in for my first TN application sometime next week, I had some concerns if someone can help me out.

1. I am a Canadian citizen but my spouse is Indian with a valid b1/b2 stamp to enter the US, Can I get both TN/TD in one visit, or do I have to apply with US Consulate for a TD visa?

2. I have got my WES evaluation completed which states my Bachelor's of computer sciences Degree from Indian which actual is 4 full years, shows it's 3 and one half-year will this create any issues as per requirement for CSA is 4yrs? I also have a Post Graduate Certificate of 16-months completed and around 10yrs of work experience.

3. What POE is recommended for the first-time TN Application also if the COVID test is required to enter back in Canada after the interview?

4. Does the start date matter if I go in 2 weeks ahead of my joining?

Can someone please answer these concerns !!

Thank you in advance....!!

1. She cannot get TD entry at border. If she still qualifies for B2 entry (ie. still maintains a foreign residence, she can enter on B2 for now, and get TD later), or she can wait for you to get TN and apply for TD at consulate.
2. Hard to say. You will need to find out when you apply. The requirement is bachelors degree. The 4-yr requirement is not absolute. The experience and other education don't count in this case.
3. ?
4. Probably not. Your TN will start the day you get it.

@nelsona Thank you so much for responding to my questions.

The requirement is a bachelor's degree. The 4-yr requirement is not absolute. The experience and other education don't count in this case?

1. The 4-yr requirement is not absolute? Can you please elaborate on this statement so I understand it correctly?

Also, do you think WES Evaluation is mandatorily required? I can show all my 4yrs transcripts that prove it was a 4 years bachelors of engineering

What's to elaboreate? The regs state bachelor's degree .If you had a Cdn bachelors degree, they could not deny you. But a foreign degree (which must c=accompanied with an evaluation) can be accepted or denied. You will have to try at the border.

WES gives you 3 or 4 years degree based on the rating of your university..WES is Trusted by Border, if it WES evaluation states 3.5 years it will be a problem.

My Visa was refused once with evaluation from Parkeval ...they asked me to get from WES or University of Toronto..I got Both WES and University of Toronto evaluation..Then i got visa..

My Visa was refused once with evaluation from Parkeval ...they asked me to get from WES or University of Toronto..I got Both WES and University of Toronto evaluation..Then i got visa..
Can you please share the contact details from WES and University of Toronto? Thank you in advance...