f2 sponsor

khalan

I have been rejected twice, on the second interview, vo told me that my husband cant be my sponsor since he is not working, I am planning to reapply again using my step brother as my sponsor,we bears different surname. He agreed to sponsor me. Is there any likelihood of any rejection again?

What do you mean by F2? Do you mean F2 nonimmigrant visa as the dependent of an F1 international student? Or do you mean an immigrant visa in the F2A or F2B categories for spouses and children of permanent residents?
Nonimmigrant sir, dependent of f1

There is absolute no need of sponsor for F1 or F2.
Sir, that is what the visa officer told me in my second interview, he said my husband cant be my sponsor, that he is not working, that how can he then takecare of me. then I was now linking it to probably use my brother account statement as a proof of fund.

Sir, that is what the visa officer told me in my second interview, he said my husband cant be my sponsor, that he is not working, that how can he then takecare of me. then I was now linking it to probably use my brother account statement as a proof of fund.
He didn't collect anything from me exception of my 1-20 And my pasport

In order to receive F2 visa, F1 visa must prove that he has scholarships or assistant-ships or grants to survive during his course of his study or need to convince the consular that his sole intention is to complete study and return to the home country. They will obviously ask questions regarding how you both will be able to survive when your spouse is studying and not allow to work. So chances are very low for you to receive visa when you were not able to convince the VO at first time. Asking relative for sponsors will show more desperation.

In order to receive F2 visa, F1 visa must prove that he has scholarships or assistant-ships or grants to survive during his course of his study or need to convince the consular that his sole intention is to complete study and return to the home country. They will obviously ask questions regarding how you both will be able to survive when your spouse is studying and not allow to work. So chances are very low for you to receive visa when you were not able to convince the VO at first time. Asking relative for sponsors will show more desperation.
Thank you sir for the reply, I do convince him as much as I could, I let him realize my husband is on full funding but he got angry the more, but I understand ur point. Thanks so much sir.

Of course there is a need to show financial support enough for the F2, as F2 cannot work. Clearly the grants etc the husband F1 is receiving is not enough to fund the wife's upkeep in the US as well. If that is the only reason for rejection then the stepbrother offering to fund the F2's stay should help.
Everest2020 seems to think the rejection was due to immigrant intent which is often a reason, but does not seem to be in this case as applicant was directly told it was a funding issue. @khalan you should have been given a form when rejected stating the section under which you were rejected? Does it say 214b, or 221g. or something else?
As far as a "likelihood" of another rejection, a visa is never guarantted.

Of course there is a need to show financial support enough for the F2, as F2 cannot work. Clearly the grants etc the husband F1 is receiving is not enough to fund the wife's upkeep in the US as well. If that is the only reason for rejection then the stepbrother offering to fund the F2's stay should help.
Everest2020 seems to think the rejection was due to immigrant intent which is often a reason, but does not seem to be in this case as applicant was directly told it was a funding issue. @khalan you should have been given a form when rejected stating the section under which you were rejected? Does it say 214b, or 221g. or something else?

Yes sir, I was given a pink-like slip under 214b. Thnks so much for your time in replying all my questions, you indeed have a good heart.

Yes sir, I was given a pink-like slip under 214b. Thnks so much for your time in replying all my questions, you indeed have a good heart.
That is immigrant intent, so a sponsor is not going to change that... sorry. You would need solid and substantial proof to show why you would return home at the end of your husband's studies.

How long has the husband been on f1 status, ie a student? And what are his plans to return to his country once studies end?

How long has the husband been on f1 status, ie a student? And what are his plans to return to his country once studies end?
1 and half years nw, he as an academy centre back home, and his plan is to get is PhD den resume to be a lecturer, because he is once a lecturer assistance in one of the prestigious university here in our country before he traveled

That is immigrant intent, so a sponsor is not going to change that... sorry. You would need solid and substantial proof to show why you would return home at the end of your husband's studies.
Thank you for the reply sir, but why did the visa officer keep hammering fund as if that is the problem, anyway thank you for the reply sir, I will hold my peace in my country den, I am just trying to reunite with my hubby and nothing more.

But sir, can my mum be my strong ties, we are just three while I am the last born and only girl, my mum is 71 dis year and my dad is late 20years ago, my mum as being suffering from hypertension for about 11years ago with varicose veins, I ave been d one looking after her even wen I got married I took her along with me, my brothers are taking there part in monetary aspect. And I just want to go to stay literally for few weeks and den come back cos of my mum and my service, can dis be a tie to my country and how can I prove dis?

But sir, can my mum be my strong ties, we are just three while I am the last born and only girl, my mum is 71 dis year and my dad is late 20years ago, my mum as being suffering from hypertension for about 11years ago with varicose veins, I ave been d one looking after her even wen I got married I took her along with me, my brothers are taking there part in monetary aspect. And I just want to go to stay literally for few weeks and den come back cos of my mum and my service, can dis be a tie to my country and how can I prove dis?
If you’re just staying for a few weeks you should be applying for a B1/B2 visit visa, not an F2 dependent visa.

It’s “this”.

If you’re just staying for a few weeks you should be applying for a B1/B2 visit visa, not an F2 dependent visa.

It’s “this”.
Yes, shuffling between mum and hubby if the need be, cant stay for two years straight with my hubby and leave mum without much help frm anyone

Yes, shuffling between mum and hubby if the need be, cant stay for two years straight with my hubby and leave mum without much help frm anyone

Choice is between staying with hubby and visiting mom, which makes you eligible for F2.. or staying with mom and visiting hubby which B2 is more suited to.

After two years, hubby moves back to his lecturer job and you could be with mom full time.

Choice is between staying with hubby and visiting mom, which makes you eligible for F2.. or staying with mom and visiting hubby which B2 is more suited to.

After two years, hubby moves back to his lecturer job and you could be with mom full time.
Thank you very much for the reply, I do appreciate all of ur comments, I shall bring u the good news.