New job offer on TN (Canadian)

dannyblaze

Hi all,

I've been offered a role at a new after 4 years with a previous company (first TN approve POE 2015, mail renewal 2018). Considering I am likely dealing with likely misinformed legal firm (mostly paralegals so far), I wanted to see if my understand was correct:
- If I apply for the new TN by POE, I do not have to quit my current job before going (this is what I was just told)
- It is OK to have multiple TNs and I can surrender the first employer TN by quitting after I acquire the new TN

Thank you

You are correct. You would be foolish to quit job 1 before securing job 2, and TN regs permit multiple concurrent TNs.

You are correct. You would be foolish to quit job 1 before securing job 2, and TN regs permit multiple concurrent TNs.
Thank you, that's what I thought. Maybe this firm will actually get a lawyer to review the package and strategy now. I will review their package with a fine-toothed comb, as I have my last to applications with an experienced law firm w/ my current company in tow.

One more question (since I do not trust the advice of this firm, they've been referenced on this forum). When I reach the POE, what do I describe as my intention? Would I say 'transitioning to new employer' or 'new TN with a new employer' or something to that effect?

Last edited: