K1 evidence of correspondence at age of consent?

SubMerged

I have a Russian student I am in a relationship with. The age of consent is 16 there and 16 here. Can I begin collecting evidence of correspondence for a K1 visa for us at this age? Does immigration want to see this only after 18, despite the age of consent being now?

I have a Russian student I am in a relationship with. The age of consent is 16 there and 16 here. Can I begin collecting evidence of correspondence for a K1 visa for us at this age? Does immigration want to see this only after 18, despite the age of consent being now?
I was going to write a long post.

Its 17 in almost evey state i know. With having a pre existing relationship. Eg HS. And not being more that 3-4 years older. Depending on the state.

A 16 year old student... wow. How old are you? Because that matters !!

Hi, thanks for replying, well please - write a long post if you want. Yeah, there is a significant age gap. It's 16 here in MA, and a bunch of other states. I am 31 myself. Where are you getting the 3-4 years older limit? The idea is as much hers as it is mine.
If legally the age of consent is 16, wouldn't the other party's age not matter legally?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for replying, well please - write a long post if you want. Yeah, there is a significant age gap. It's 16 here in MA, and a bunch of other states. I am 31 myself. Where are you getting the 3-4 years older limit? The idea is as much hers as it is mine.
If legally the age of consent is 16, wouldn't the other party's age should not matter legally?
You are confusing age of conscent. As in i agree to have relations with you. With being an adult

A 16 year old is still considered a minor. Im no laywer. My cousin is i just spoke to him. In the eyes of the laws of America she is still a minor. As far as an immigration benefit. Dont think thats gonna happen. being with a 16 year old with you being 31 if she was in the US i can Gurantee you with %1000 certainty you”d be arrested and charges filed.

Dont take my word for it. Contact an attorney and get some legal advice.

Roy Moore (alabama) situation? Sorry, couldn't help myself :)

I can see a CO having issues with a 16/17-yr old (legally a US minor AFAIK) K1 applicant from Russia.

A 16 year old with some far sighted plans on what she wants to achieve, for sure.
Agree with above comments.