• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Photos

ArriB

Hi all,
My wife and I are going to enter seperately to increase our chances of winning.
One question I have, is do I/we only submit one photo on the application or do we have to submit photos of all the applicants during the filling of the form process, which in this case would be myself/wife and our 2 kids (5 and 10) years old.

Secondly, I understand the size of the photos but do they need to be taken in front of a pitch white wall? The reason I ask is that our walls at home are not exactly pitch white (I know it's a silly question), but don't want to get the process wrong the first time round..

I've included a sample pic but am not sure if this would acceptable (I'll trim to the required size of course when we enter) and adjust the size of it as well. I personally think the light is a little dark and was taken on my Iphone (Not sure if that is good enough) but will use my DSLR if necessary.

Any advise would be appreciated.

* I removed my photo after I posted it for security reason, I apologize.
If one of the mods in this forum can get hold me, I will send to them if they don't mind.

Thanks!
Arri

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer, I see their site is still down for maintenance.
Does this mean they will extend the lottery as its been unavailable for the past few days?

Thank you for the answer, I see their site is still down for maintenance.
Does this mean they will extend the lottery as its been unavailable for the past few days?

"past few days" - no.
Will they extend - we don't know.

Might be a dumb question, but the entry requirements say the photo should be a JPEG file, I had my photo redied and it is a JPG. Is there any difference?

I have a few relatives taken a photo at the professional photo studio in their home countries specifically for the US visa standards. However, when I check it with the travel.gov photo check tool it keeps saying to resize it, even though the head is withing the border lines and all pixels are correct. Does it mean these photos will be disqualified?

I have a few relatives taken a photo at the professional photo studio in their home countries specifically for the US visa standards. However, when I check it with the travel.gov photo check tool it keeps saying to resize it, even though the head is withing the border lines and all pixels are correct. Does it mean these photos will be disqualified?

Having the photo take by a professional photographer doesn't mean the picture automatically meets the requirements. If the official photo tool says the photo is too large/big, then resize as suggested.