• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

January 2017 Visa Bulletin - For February Interviews

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
AFRICA
Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:

ASIA
Except:
Iran:
Nepal:

Europe

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

Hi,
My CN is AF27xxx, Does the cut off mean my interview will be in Feb 2017? However, I have not received any communication from KCC after submitting the DS260. Kindly advice.

Hi,
My CN is AF27xxx, Does the cut off mean my interview will be in Feb 2017? However, I have not received any communication from KCC after submitting the DS260. Kindly advice.

It means your CN is current for a February interview, assuming you're not from Egypt or Ethiopia. It however may not necessarily mean you will be getting a February interview, it depends on when you submitted your DS260 form and if KCC is done processing it.

Thank you Sm1smom, am from Kenya and I submitted my DS260 form on 10th November 2016.

You will definitely not be getting a February interview, that submission is too late for a February interview. It may be close to summer before you get scheduled for your interview.

Hello,
My CN is AF34xxx and I submitted my DS260 on 31st August, unlocked and sumbitted again on 9th November!
According to the history of visa bulletin, I should be expecting my intervew in May, but will the fact of unlocking my DS260 influence delay my 2NL or it won't affect it?

Thank you for your help

Hello,
My CN is AF34xxx and I submitted my DS260 on 31st August, unlocked and sumbitted again on 9th November!
According to the history of visa bulletin, I should be expecting my intervew in May, but will the fact of unlocking my DS260 influence delay my 2NL or it won't affect it?

Thank you for your help

Typically no difference, uless you added something that would cause background checks to be redone.

Typically no difference, uless you added something that would cause background checks to be redone.
Thank you for your answer! No I have just corrected some dates that were missing!
I have already been to the US on a J1 visa and have been issued a SSN. maybe processing my case will be longer than someone who has never been there before!

Thank you for your answer! No I have just corrected some dates that were missing!
I have already been to the US on a J1 visa and have been issued a SSN. maybe processing my case will be longer than someone who has never been there before!

There's no reason for that to lead to a longer processing time for you, not unless you had a criminal record while you were there. Countless number of selectees have lived, been issued with a SSN and worked in the US prior to being DV selectees, and that has not led to any kind of longer processing period than normal for them.

There's no reason for that to lead to a longer processing time for you, not unless you had a criminal record while you were there. Countless number of selectees have lived, been issued with a SSN and worked in the US prior to being DV selectees, and that has not led to any kind of longer processing period than normal for them.
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :)
Is it me or this year's visa bulletin is moving faster than previous years? at least for Africa!

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :)
Is it me or this year's visa bulletin is moving faster than previous years? at least for Africa!

The delays in processing the DS260's this year have created a backlog. The backlog required a faster VB up to now, BUT as the backlog clears, the VB will slow down. Bottom line, don't read anything into it.

Hi!

I'm OC8xx (early 800's), submitted DS260 in May and unlocked + resubmitted in Oct. How likely will my interview be scheduled for March? I'm thinking of going overseas 14th April-end of April. Is that too risky?

Thanks!

Hi!

I'm OC8xx (early 800's), submitted DS260 in May and unlocked + resubmitted in Oct. How likely will my interview be scheduled for March? I'm thinking of going overseas 14th April-end of April. Is that too risky?

Thanks!

I would say an April interview is a safer bet than a March interview. So - even if your interview is early April, the trip will be difficult since the embassy hold on to your passport for about a week.

Hi guys, yesterday finnish with interview and today pick up my visa. One more thing i would like to ask. We plan to go to New Jersey but all flights are to New York. Will there be a problem entering in another state?
Thanks to all support so far.

Hi guys, yesterday finnish with interview and today pick up my visa. One more thing i would like to ask. We plan to go to New Jersey but all flights are to New York. Will there be a problem entering in another state?

No problem.

No problem flying into JFK (or any other International US Airport for that matter), of course. There are no flights at all into EWR, though? Seems strange, but who knows...