• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery - university degree vs masters degree

Trilath

Hi,

I am thinking about applying for the DV lottery this year. I have looked upon what was requested and I am struggling with one question.

I graduated a few months ago in France with a BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration), which is recognized by the french system as a Master 1 as I studied for 4 years (french system is a mess). I am not sure to understand the meaning of university degree. Do they mean bachelor degree?

Well, what should I check in the form? Either university degree or masters degree?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Alex

Hi,

I am thinking about applying for the DV lottery this year. I have looked upon what was requested and I am struggling with one question.

I graduated a few months ago in France with a BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration), which is recognized by the french system as a Master 1 as I studied for 4 years (french system is a mess). I am not sure to understand the meaning of university degree. Do they mean bachelor degree?

Well, what should I check in the form? Either university degree or masters degree?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Alex

Honestly, it does not matter what you put on the form. It won't make any difference to whether you are selected or not. Just choose university degree and move on....

Honestly, it does not matter what you put on the form. It won't make any difference to whether you are selected or not. Just choose university degree and move on....

Ok thanks for your answer. Just for personal knowledge, a university degree is an undergraduate degree?

Ok thanks for your answer. Just for personal knowledge, a university degree is an undergraduate degree?
Every Master degree qualifies as a university degree.
Not every university degree qualifies as a Master degree, quite obviously.
Your BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration) would qualify as an undergraduate, i.e. Bachelor degree (not Master degree) here in the US, also.
Hope this helps!

Every Master degree qualifies as a university degree.
Not every university qualifies as a Master degree, quite obviously.
Your BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration) would qualify as an undergraduate, i.e. Bachelor degree (not Master degree) here in the US, also.
Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot EURO2014. It's very clear now!