OPT-EAD I -797 approval notice with incorrect dates

kimjosh

Hi All,

I have applied for OPT - EAD on novemeber 1st 2012 and requested start date and end date as 12/21/2012 to 12/20/2013 respectively.

Today I recieved approval notice with incorrect start and end date (12/04/2012-02/19/2013) for approx 3 months. I am not even supposed to work before 12/21/2012 as I am gradudating on 12/20/2012 so definately it is USCIS processing error.

I have NOT recieved my OPT EAD card yet but I am expected the EAD card will come with in-valid dates as well.

On approval notice it says if something wrong send all supporting docs.
What would be the best approach to this kind of issues?
Should I call custermer service first and raise service request or send all supporting docs as mentionted on approval notice?

Any help is really appreciated, I need OPT -EAD very badly.

I also received the notice along with the EAD today and it had incorrect dates mentioned on it and the same duration as yours. I have registered a case with them and they will be getting back to me. If you have any inputs then do let me know.

By the way, is your application from Vermont center ?

Hi All,

I have applied for OPT - EAD on novemeber 1st 2012 and requested start date and end date as 12/21/2012 to 12/20/2013 respectively.

Today I recieved approval notice with incorrect start and end date (12/04/2012-02/19/2013) for approx 3 months. I am not even supposed to work before 12/21/2012 as I am gradudating on 12/20/2012 so definately it is USCIS processing error.

I have NOT recieved my OPT EAD card yet but I am expected the EAD card will come with in-valid dates as well.

On approval notice it says if something wrong send all supporting docs.
What would be the best approach to this kind of issues?
Should I call custermer service first and raise service request or send all supporting docs as mentionted on approval notice?

Any help is really appreciated, I need OPT -EAD very badly.

I also received the notice along with the EAD today and it had incorrect dates mentioned on it and the same duration as yours. I have registered a case with them and they will be getting back to me. If you have any inputs then do let me know.

By the way, is your application from Vermont center ?

Thanks for replying

Yes,my application is with vermont.
I havent recieved my card yet. I might recieve it today. I am also planning to call them to open a service request.

Lets update each other until we get resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a reply from them saying that they have received the request and it will take time. Did you do anything yet?

Thanks for replying

Yes,my application is with vermont.
I havent recieved my card yet. I might recieve it today. I am also planning to call them to open a service request.

Lets update each other until we get resolution.

I got a reply from them saying that they have received the request and it will take time. Did you do anything yet?

I got same response saying we know its typo from our end and will get back to you in 30 days..

Please let me know if you get any update.

ali140487 -

Any update on your case???

USCIS have NOT requested to send any documents but I sent my OPT EAD card including all supporting documents. I have no other option except waiting for my corrected card. I hope they understand my situation.

Please update on your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ali 140487

I am graduating on may 16, 2020 and Applied for an opt card with start date - July 10, 2020 . But my approval notice says that my start date is from May 10, 2020. This date is even before my graduation date. Can you please update on what needs to be done and how you handled the issue. I have not received the card yet. I also had a typo of address on the approval notice and the EAD card was sent back to USCIS by USPS. My address and start dates are wrong on the approval notice. I have been struggling from April 15 Th for my EAD card to be sent back by USPS to USCIS . My card has been returned to USCIS and now it might take a 2 to 3 weeks to receive my card to correct address. After I receive the card I still will be left with a card with incorrect dates on it. Please help with this situation. Please let me know if I can get my dates changed before they resend my card. How long did it take for you? I have an offer starting from July 20th and I desperately need the card. Kindly please help.

I am graduating on may 16, 2020 and Applied for an opt card with start date - July 10, 2020 . But my approval notice says that my start date is from May 10, 2020. This date is even before my graduation date. Can you please update on what needs to be done and how you handled the issue. I have not received the card yet. I also had a typo of address on the approval notice and the EAD card was sent back to USCIS by USPS. My address and start dates are wrong on the approval notice. I have been struggling from April 15 Th for my EAD card to be sent back by USPS to USCIS . My card has been returned to USCIS and now it might take a 2 to 3 weeks to receive my card to correct address. After I receive the card I still will be left with a card with incorrect dates on it. Please help with this situation. Please let me know if I can get my dates changed before they resend my card. How long did it take for you? I have an offer starting from July 20th and I desperately need the card. Kindly please help.