• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How to get updates on DV-2014?

Carmageddon

Registered Users (C)
I've been on 2012, wasnt selected and later was busy with life, assuming I have plenty of time for 2013.
Now I've checked, only to find out its all done and dusted for 2013 :(

So, my question now is how to get email alert, when they announce the details of DV-2014? so I can mark in calendar and NOT miss the submission date :)
They dont seem to have RSS, email subscription or something like that...

Thanks.

the entry is the same time each year. Early October. Can't you remember that , mark you calander is not.

the entry is the same time each year. Early October. Can't you remember that , mark you calander is not.

Do you mean the submission begins early October? if so I should set the yearly reminder around September 20th or so (to prepare the pictures, etc)?

2014 Diversity Card updating status

Hello everyone .i live in the US ,but my question is about my sister(lives in Morocco), she was selected for the 2014 DV lottery with a high case number i guess(65***) , two months after that she got married to a guy who is a US permanent resident .
So my question is :after she got married now ,and given the fact that she has a high case number, should she update her marital status with kentucky consular center ?,and would that strengthen her chances in getting a visa?
ps: she already sent the DS-230 while she was single .
Any advice is very appreciated?

My first advice is to start your own thread, so you get the most views, rather than tack your question on the end of someone elses post.

Warm wishes

Q

Hello everyone .i live in the US ,but my question is about my sister(lives in Morocco), she was selected for the 2014 DV lottery with a high case number i guess(65***) , two months after that she got married to a guy who is a US permanent resident .
So my question is :after she got married now ,and given the fact that she has a high case number, should she update her marital status with kentucky consular center ?,and would that strengthen her chances in getting a visa?
ps: she already sent the DS-230 while she was single .
Any advice is very appreciated?

Good advice from qwerty, but anyway...

Being married to a US citizen won't help or hinder the DV path. Yes she should update her status with KCC by sending in corrected forms and a copy of the marriage certificate.

She now has two paths to a Green Card and could go either way. However, I would favour the DV path for a few reasons. First, it will probably be a lot quicker. Her number is not very low, so it will be a few months before she is interviewed, but it is low enough to be pretty certain she will get a visa. Second, when she gets the GC this way, her marriage won't be scrutinised as it would if she goes the family based route. Third, her GC won't be conditional in any way whereas the other route would be conditional on the marriage for a period of time.

By the way, you say she lives in ?morocco, I am assuming that she will do CP in Morocco, but if she moves to the USA before then she will do a different process called adjustment of status. That can take a bit longer so the case number is more important since she would need to complete the aos before the end of September 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice from qwerty, but anyway...

Being married to a US citizen won't help or hinder the DV path. Yes she should update her status with KCC by sending in corrected forms and a copy of the marriage certificate.

She now has two paths to a Green Card and could go either way. However, I would favour the DV path for a few reasons. First, it will probably be a lot quicker. Her number is not very low, so it will be a few months before she is interviewed, but it is low enough to be pretty certain she will get a visa. Second, when she gets the GC this way, her marriage won't be scrutinised as it would if she goes the family based route. Third, her GC won't be conditional in any way whereas the other route would be conditional on the marriage for a period of time.

By the way, you say she lives in ?morocco, I am assuming that she will do CP in Morocco, but if she moves to the USA before then she will do a different process called adjustment of status. That can take a bit longer so the case number is more important since she would need to complete the aos before the end of September 2014.

thank you very much ..that is very helpful

My first advice is to start your own thread, so you get the most views, rather than tack your question on the end of someone elses post.

Warm wishes

Q

I would love to create one but i realy couldnt find out how ...prolly i didn`t look hard enough ..is there anywhere where it says "create a new thread ".
thank you