selective service - sample affidavit letter

3dgcard

Registered Users (C)
I will be filling through an attorney and since i failed to register with selective service (lived in the US before i was 26 and was out of status - 41 now), the attorney asked me to write an affidavit letter explaining why i did not register ( i was not aware that i had to, found out when i got the GC in 2005, tried but just got a letter from SS saying it was too late)

Can someone help me with a sample affidavit letter so i can get it notarized

Thanks

I will be filling through an attorney and since i failed to register with selective service (lived in the US before i was 26 and was out of status - 41 now), the attorney asked me to write an affidavit letter explaining why i did not register ( i was not aware that i had to, found out when i got the GC in 2005, tried but just got a letter from SS saying it was too late)

Can someone help me with a sample affidavit letter so i can get it notarized

Thanks

There is no need to submit an affidavit or any kind of SS related paperwork if you are over the age of 31.

I just received my interview notice and it says one of the items that i must bring : "any evidence of selective service registration"
I am really worried since i failed to register because i didn't know i had to. Anyone that had a similar experience where they asked for the SS registration?
Thanks

Also it says the proceeding usually takes 2 hours? is it really that long?

if you are over 31 and it has been over five years since you were 26, then i think you should be fine,
however, just in case you should be ready to respond verbally if the IO asks you why didnt you register.
I am assuming, they say 2 hours just to be on the safe side, however, from what I have read here and other forums, the interview takes about 15-20 mins
Good luck to all of us!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my interview notice and it says one of the items that i must bring : "any evidence of selective service registration"
That is just standard text. It doesn't apply to everybody.

You are over 31, so they're not going to bother you about the Selective Service registration.

Thanks, i hope it's not an issue. I will take with me the letter from SS that i got in 2005 when i became aware of the registration and tried to register.