Medicare or Medicaid?

someone2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My parents just finished their 5 year residency in the U.S. and would like to know if they should apply for Medicare or Medicaid (they have no income and didn't work in the U.S.), they're both over 65 ..

Thanks!

My parents just finished their 5 year residency in the U.S. and would like to know if they should apply for Medicare or Medicaid (they have no income and didn't work in the U.S.), they're both over 65 ..

If they have no income they won't be able to pay for Medicare.

You should buy their Medicare for them - after all, you promised to support them. Do your duty as a child. If you could not afford to provide for them, you should not have sponsored them.

If they apply for Medicaid, be assured that it will be difficult for them to find a doctor to take them as patients as Medicaid payments are so low that most in my area will not accept Medicaid at all. My doctor told me yesterday that they are not accepting new Medicare patients either.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL .. Who told you I am the sponsor ?????????
The sponsor is my uncle and he passed away !!!

Thanks anyways!!!!!

Why should YOUR parents be MY or MY CHILDREN'S problem?

Did you come with them or because of them? Are you not working? If not, you are young, why not?

It sounds like they should have gotten jobs while they were younger and EARNED the right to SS and Medicare - or go to work now, since many USCs now have to work past 65 -or brought funds with them or your uncle should have provided for their financial security. It was irresponsible for them to come when they had/have no means of support other than living off of hard working US taxpayers. They have not made one single contribution to the US yet they expect to be cared for for the rest of their lives!

If they have no income, who feeds, houses. clothes them? Do they have someone providing have food and shelter or are they eating in soup kitchens and living on the streets? Who claims them as income tax deductions? If you are claiming them as your dependents, you have to prove that you supported them. Medical care is support.

Check out the requirements for Medicaid. Remember, they look at household income. If they need medical care, they can go to the free clinic and take pot luck.

why should your parents be my or my children's problem?

did you come with them or because of them? Are you not working? If not, you are young, why not?

It sounds like they should have gotten jobs while they were younger and earned the right to ss and medicare - or go to work now, since many uscs now have to work past 65 -or brought funds with them or your uncle should have provided for their financial security. It was irresponsible for them to come when they had/have no means of support other than living off of hard working us taxpayers. They have not made one single contribution to the us yet they expect to be cared for for the rest of their lives!

If they have no income, who feeds, houses. Clothes them? Do they have someone providing have food and shelter or are they eating in soup kitchens and living on the streets? Who claims them as income tax deductions? If you are claiming them as your dependents, you have to prove that you supported them. Medical care is support.

Check out the requirements for medicaid. Remember, they look at household income. If they need medical care, they can go to the free clinic and take pot luck.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you are pathetic .. I got the answer and they will get approved for medicaid according to the requirements....

Concerned4us if you are not aware this is a forum to share immigration experiences and in doing that help each other with information , this is not a hate portal , if you have issues with government missusing tax dollors, there are other political forums I can suggest you and you can pour all your frustation there.

Lets not muddy this forum , if you dont have answer to the question in this forum , please help keep it clean by not replying , let other people with knowledge reply to the questions .

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: