Oath at Fairfax office

garu1gsr

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if same day oath is administered for only last name change n-400 applications at the fairfax office ? Also, how often are the oath ceremonies carried out at fairfax office ?

Does anyone know if same day oath is administered for only last name change n-400 applications at the fairfax office ? Also, how often are the oath ceremonies carried out at fairfax office ?

3 Oath ceremonies per day. 11am, 2pm, and 4:15pm. All have to report 1 hour before. I dont think changing to husband's last name is considered a name change.

For the benefit of others

At the fairfax office - changing last name to husband's last name requires the oath to be taken at Court. It cannot be a same day oath. It is kind of strange..my sister changed her last name to her husband's at Newark and it was a same day oath. Anyways it is USCIS strange things can happen.

Garu1
I dont think I agree with you - my wife took my last name at the interview on Dec 2 09 - and they offered her sameday Oath - which we didnt take as we were traveling out of country in the next 5 days. They set her up for Oath on Jan 6 - and it all went smoothly.
So the Officer who handled the case for your wife did not interpret rules correctly.
My wife was told that taking husband's last name is one of the defaults in USCIS.

Garu1
I dont think I agree with you - my wife took my last name at the interview on Dec 2 09 - and they offered her sameday Oath - which we didnt take as we were traveling out of country in the next 5 days. They set her up for Oath on Jan 6 - and it all went smoothly.
So the Officer who handled the case for your wife did not interpret rules correctly.
My wife was told that taking husband's last name is one of the defaults in USCIS.
We were all prepared that day on the interview day for her oath..just like my sister..I guess it all depends on who is dealing with your case. Since, we had my sisters experience my wife even told the officer and the officer said...you have to wait in the dreadful queue..
Since the oath was done on Jan 6, I assume she took her oath in Fairfax office. Did she get a court order for the name change that day ?

Guys,

If we mentioned name change in N-400, Can we back out the name change process at the time of Interview? So, the oath can take place same day or few days later.
Looking at your process pattern, I will try this option during my interview. I heard the name change process is quite faster when it's done outside of citizenship process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

If we mentioned name change in N-400, Can we back out the name change process at the time of Interview? So, the oath can take place same day or few days later.
Looking at you process, I will try this option during my interview. I heard the name change process is quite faster when done outside of citizenship process.

Yes.In Fairfax County the name change process took just two weeks for me.

So far for what I have read looks like once you make changes or corrections on your application during your interview, you end up getting N-652 B) CHECKED A decision cannot yet be made.

So; knew filers be aware. Make sure your application is completly correct.

Wave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey IPL-fan
Your application processing is moving so fast good luck.
Wave

Do you think so? I am not so sure... Until now, its kind of going at the expected speed. Here after, its totally unknown. It will take its own course.

What's your status? Are you arleady a USC?