If you did FP from 10/26-11/04 in Alexandria read this

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
There was a thread going on(http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=305931) which mentioned that many folks at Alexandria DO(washington d.c) office had FP taken but not received by the FBI.

I was one of the 'victims'....Anyways I did my FP on 10/28/09 and FBI didnt get it till this morning. I called USCIS 1800 number and they generated a ticket to see whats going on...I stopped by the DO last week but they said they couldnt help me. I did an INFOPASs this morning and they also told me to be patient since it may take "4-8" weeks to have the FP received by the FBI.

Welll folks..I went to the DO again with an email from the FBi saying that they havne't gotten anything. I spoke to the security lady..at first her response was same as last week that she can't do anything until she has a new FP notice. I asked to speak to the supervisor. After a 30 minutes wait, someone came and I explained to them the situation. He was puzzled that this was happening...made me wait and came back and said that THERE WAS A GLITCH in the system from 10/26/09-11/4/09 in the SERVER AT USCIS which stopped sending FBI the fp automatically. They fixed it and some FP went through and some didnt and they werent sure which didn't.

He signed off my initial appointment notice and told them to FP me again. I did the FP and he made sure that they were sent by the server. While driving back, I called FBi and lo and behold my FBI were just sent back to USCIS today.

I did talk to the supervisor about this board and he said that tell EVERYONE whose FP have not been cleared by the FBI within 3 business days, to come back at the Alexandria DO. Mention to the security officer that you did FP at which date and they were not cleared and you did talk to USCIS 1800 number. They should refingerprint you. I was standing next to him when he explained this to the security officer. I recommend going on a wednesday or a friday when they are slow.

Tester74, you should go back and any other on that thread! Folks you have to keep on following up with USCIS....like every system, theirs is not perfect either! I am sure they opened a ticket in their bug tracking tool ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work wahtmygcnow !! Moral of the story: don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor when things don't seem right.

In Newark

Any one know of something similar at Newark ?, I have done my FP on 10/24 and no news after that ??

Wow, wantmygcnow, you the man!! Thanks for letting me know. I will be leaving there in the next few minutes. Thanks very much

Any one know of something similar at Newark ?, I have done my FP on 10/24 and no news after that ??

Did you call the FBI to find out if the prints cleared?
If they have cleared, then be patient and expect at 2-3 months before you get your IL.

hello everyone,

I did mine at Alexandria on 10/30, and my fp's didn't make it to fbi,
can we do 2nd fp just walking in like without 2nd fp notice - pl clarify

Thanks

hello everyone,

I did mine at Alexandria on 10/30, and my fp's didn't make it to fbi,
can we do 2nd fp just walking in like without 2nd fp notice - pl clarify

Thanks

Yes you dont need 2nd FP. Just walk in and tell them your Fp havent cleared and you called 1800/went to infopass.....they will use the same notice and stamp it again.

There was a thread going on(http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=305931) which mentioned that many folks at Alexandria DO(washington d.c) office had FP taken but not received by the FBI.

I was one of the 'victims'....Anyways I did my FP on 10/28/09 and FBI didnt get it till this morning. I called USCIS 1800 number and they generated a ticket to see whats going on...I stopped by the DO last week but they said they couldnt help me. I did an INFOPASs this morning and they also told me to be patient since it may take "4-8" weeks to have the FP received by the FBI.

Welll folks..I went to the DO again with an email from the FBi saying that they havne't gotten anything. I spoke to the security lady..at first her response was same as last week that she can't do anything until she has a new FP notice. I asked to speak to the supervisor. After a 30 minutes wait, someone came and I explained to them the situation. He was puzzled that this was happening...made me wait and came back and said that THERE WAS A GLITCH in the system from 10/26/09-11/4/09 in the SERVER AT USCIS which stopped sending FBI the fp automatically. They fixed it and some FP went through and some didnt and they werent sure which didn't.

He signed off my initial appointment notice and told them to FP me again. I did the FP and he made sure that they were sent by the server. While driving back, I called FBi and lo and behold my FBI were just sent back to USCIS today.

I did talk to the supervisor about this board and he said that tell EVERYONE whose FP have not been cleared by the FBI within 3 business days, to come back at the Alexandria DO. Mention to the security officer that you did FP at which date and they were not cleared and you did talk to USCIS 1800 number. They should refingerprint you. I was standing next to him when he explained this to the security officer. I recommend going on a wednesday or a friday when they are slow.

Tester74, you should go back and any other on that thread! Folks you have to keep on following up with USCIS....like every system, theirs is not perfect either! I am sure they opened a ticket in their bug tracking tool ;)

Is this for fingerprints done everywhere or just at Alexandria? I got mine done in NYC at the Jackson Heights location on Nov. 3. How do you contact FBI to check if they got it? I'm not sure how to do this but am now very concerned that my application may be delayed because of this. Please help!

Is this for fingerprints done everywhere or just at Alexandria? I got mine done in NYC at the Jackson Heights location on Nov. 3. How do you contact FBI to check if they got it? I'm not sure how to do this but am now very concerned that my application may be delayed because of this. Please help!

This is only for Alexandria VA. No need to worry otherwise.

wantmygcnow,

Everything happened just like you said. I went in at 3.45PM (the office closes at 4PM, blame the 7100 traffic), the security officer did not even wait to hear my full story. She took the papers, my GC and asked me to fill out the form. The lady who fingerprinted me said, "Oh you had to come again, the server was down, sorry, not much we could do about it"

Folks, if your FP's taken at Alexandria, VA office did not reach the FBI, just walkin and tell them that the prints never reached FBI. They will use the same FP notice, stamp it the 2nd time. Dont wait for USCIS to reschedule the appointment, it will take a few weeks for them to reschedule.

A BIG BIG thank you to wantmygcnow, without whom, this would not have been possible. A really grateful thank you again.

I am up for my FP shortly and want to be proactive. What is the procedure of getting a status check from FBI on the fingerprinting (received/cleared/etc) ?
Is there an 800 number we call, or something else ?

Tester74, glad you got it resolved too. Now let's pray that we all get naturalized soon.. I need it bad since my wife/1month kid are waiting in Germany!!

Fingerprinting Re-Done

Went to the Alexandria office today - Our fingerprints were done on 10/24, and the FBI had not got them.
The security person wasnt convinced, when I explained to her. However, she called the supervisor, who looked at the date, and allowed the fingerprinting.

According to the fingerprint technician, they had called up some of the folks who were impacted by this, but could not call up all of them.

Thanks a lot for the proactive steps, wantmygcnow.

Folks,
I got my FP done on the 12th at the Alexandria office. Would I be impacted by these issues as well? Thanks.