COLORED copies of ID/Passport a must for I-485?

someone2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
A relative of mine is preparing his I-485 application and he has been told that the copies of his Driver License/ID and passport MUST be COLORED .. and none of the stores (i.e. Kinkos, UPS..) accepted to do colored copies for him saying its illegal .. and he dont know what to do ?

So, just want to know if it has to be in COLOR or B/W is acceptable too??

THANKS!

Hello All,
A relative of mine is preparing his I-485 application and he has been told that the copies of his Driver License/ID and passport MUST be COLORED .. and none of the stores (i.e. Kinkos, UPS..) accepted to do colored copies for him saying its illegal .. and he dont know what to do ?

THANKS!

He's been told by whom?

by a lawyer's assistant

Well, than let the lawyer deal with it. Your relative can scan them and e-mail them to the lawyer or he can bring them to them in any case if you pay for an attorney than you can tel the attorney what to do.

anyway in my opinion this is BS and the assistant is full of it

Well, than let the lawyer deal with it. Your relative can scan them and e-mail them to the lawyer or he can bring them to them in any case if you pay for an attorney than you can tel the attorney what to do.

anyway in my opinion this is BS and the assistant is full of it

The assistant is just a friend and in a different state :)
I don't see in the I-485 instructions that it says colored ....

The assistant is just a friend and in a different state :)
I don't see in the I-485 instructions that it says colored ....

I did not send colored copies and my application was accepted. (need to update my sigi)
Lets wait for other posters to chime in and see what they say about their apps

I don't know about nowdays, but back in 2006 Black and White copies were acceptable, Couple months ago, I send B/W copy of my GC and they accepted too.

Thanks RB ME and Uncle Joe for your replies ...

I'd like to hear from more people who applied recently, anyone else ? Share you experience please ..

Thanks

Hello All,

THANKS!

Never heard or have done it, Send B&W or color and nothing will be unusual about it.Some people like this relative of yours try spice things up to convince themselves that they know more than others.In last 15 years I have sent all copies B&W and there was no rejection about any petition or application and most recent one was 15 days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
USCIS is usually very clear in its instructions. Look for instructions for I-485 and if it specifically ask for "Color copies" then you have to provide them. But i doubt they do. So, just send B/W copies.