Address in new Indian Passport -- US address or India address ?

nhca119

I recently renewed my passport from CGI, SFO. I supplied both my US and India address in my passport application.

However, when I received my passport a couple of weeks back via mail, I found that the last page of the new passport contains only my Indian address. There is no mention of US address anywhere.

I tried contacting SFO consulate, by calling and emailing them, but received no responses so far.

Did any of you recently renewed your Indian passport ? If yes, which address is entered in your new passport, US ? Indian? or both ?

I suppose they should include both if there's room for both. Is there one space for your current address, and one for your permanent address? Either way, I don't think it'll be problem for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently renewed my passport from CGI, SFO. I supplied both my US and India address in my passport application.

However, when I received my passport a couple of weeks back via mail, I found that the last page of the new passport contains only my Indian address. There is no mention of US address anywhere.

I tried contacting SFO consulate, by calling and emailing them, but received no responses so far.

Did any of you recently renewed your Indian passport ? If yes, which address is entered in your new passport, US ? Indian? or both ?

We have the same problem: recently renewed passport for my wife (whose last name has changed so she needs a new one). The passport application clearly asks for the address which we would like on the passport and we supplid our US address (she is a permanent resident). There is also a space for "Other Address" so we supplied the Indian address on it.

When we received the new passport, to our dismay it has the Indian address on the back when we clearly asked for the US address to be listed on the passport.

Calling the Indian consulate anywhere is futile. I guess we'll just have to send the passport to Chicago again to have them endorse the new passport with the US address, by making an Observation as they usually do. I guess you can try the same.

Did you follow up with CGI SFO?

AP

Why should it matter what address is recorded on the passport? Actually having your Indian address there makes more sense as it can be used as "address Proof" for any government business in India.

Why should it matter what address is recorded on the passport? Actually having your Indian address there makes more sense as it can be used as "address Proof" for any government business in India.

It matters - when one is a "Permananet Resident" of the USA, the "permanent address" of the person should be her USA address.

To top the problem, the CGI - Chicago folks entered my wife's India address (i.e. her parents' address) too incorrectly. So it is a double whammy for us.

Anyway, we have asked them to enter corrections for both addresses.

AP