having a baby in US while on Visitor visa

harsh_UK

Hello every buddy,,

i wana some help please .:confused:

my wife is pregnant ( say congratulation ) :)

thank you

anyway,,

We both have a 10 year multiple entry visa and based in london on work permit.
She wants to come to US for the pregnancy .

My questionis-If she has a baby in US while on visitor vida, would that be a
problem at the port of entry on further visits or when she applies for
renewal of visa.

Obviously she would be on no income, would her hospital charges be waived off? may be on welfare benifits or hospital trust?

My parents have just arrived here on immigration before 3 years and would be appliying for me in the category of married son after being citizen in two years. Would having a baby on visitor visa here create any problem with my application of immigration in future?

Please advise ASAP

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Harsh

She can have the baby but should not use any aid from the goverment, if you want her to be approved for the next time. It ll be unfair to the american people who paid taxes for themsleves and then have to pay clinic fees for a visitor.

i dont know the answer for the second part.

good luck

While your wife would qualify for emergency medical treatment, normal care for pregnancy is NOT emergency care. Many doctors will not treat people without insurance. This plan places your wife and unborn child at great risk. Look for the prognosis for micro-premies which can be a result of no medical care.

A US citizen child give you no benefit until he/she is age 21 - if things do not change in US immigration policy before then.

Expect to pay $10,000 to 20,000 for a normal delivery and potentially more than a million if there are problems with the child.

Yes, being a public charge can present problems for you in the future.

You plan is just plain irresponsible - in other words, stupid. If you wife agrees to this, she is no better than you and I feel sorry for your child.

Expect to pay $10,000 to 20,000 for a normal delivery
are you willing to pay that?. Be prepared to pay more if it comes sto that. insurance wont cover you. you being a UK citizen(?) i think its not worth it.
come normal channel/get gc/citizenship

Thanks for the input guys.

just to be more clear..
I am an Indian citizen on work permit in UK ( temp resident)at the moment so my wife's pregnancy is covered by NHS. The only reason for having a baby in US while on visitor visa is for baby to have an option of becoming US citizen when the baby turns 18. Also convenience for myself as all my family members are here (in US) except me. Please advice

thanks in advance once again.

Harsh
ta

You are misinformed. A US citizen child currently cannot petition parents until age 21. As with all US law, this may change so basing your chances of obtaining citizenship on this is a bad idea. On the other hand, a minor child whose parent(s) naturalize also receives US citizenship.

IMO, risking the lives of your wife and child due to the lack of medical care in order to POSSIBLY obtain citizenship via the child is foolish.

Tread very very carefully with this.

I am a UK citizen and my partner lived in the US as a child of a citizen. I wanted to give birth in the US to be with my family there so I applied for a 6 month visitor visa to cover the end of my pregnancy and subsequent birth and post natal care. I had no intention of obtaining citizenship for my baby and I had obtained the correct forms to registe a UK birth in the US.

When I applied for my visitor visa it was refused. I was also told I would not be able to travel to the US ever again without a visa...which would most likely be refused unless it was an imigrant visa application.

I would absolutely recommend that you give up this plan. It caused great heartache for us. I was naive to the whole system when this happened and it was awful :(

Also, they are right, unless either parent is a US citizen any child born there has no claim to citizenship or residency.

Also, the costs of te birth are correct. I found a place charging $4000 for pre natal care and delivery but that was an all natural birthing centre. Any complications (however minor) can lead to charges of up to $50,000

Actually here you are wrong. Any child, barring those born to diplomats, born in the US will be a US citizen.

Also, they are right, unless either parent is a US citizen any child born there has no claim to citizenship or residency.

Thanks for your valuable input guys... i think i will have to drop this plan of having a baby in US while on visitor visa based on the info from forum..

love

Harsh

Thanks for your valuable input guys... i think i will have to drop this plan of having a baby in US while on visitor visa based on the info from forum..

love

Harsh

All what they have said is wrong and Helz didn't have a Visa so she has no idea what she is talking about ... Giving birth in the US while on a visitor visa has nothing to do with nothing and Its NOT ILLEGAL and BY LAW pregnant women get Medi-Cal NO QUESTIONS asked Even with No SSN, So believe me they have no Idea what they are saying, they just don't want to pay for your hospital Bill :)

koteya, that is not correct. At least in California pregnant women do not get any Medi-Cal supported pregnancy care. The birth itself is treated as an emergency situation if she goes to the nearest ER, but even that she will be charged for. The baby will receive standard minimum care for free, btw. But the mother is excluded from Medi*, before, during and after birth.

koteya, that is not correct. At least in California pregnant women do not get any Medi-Cal supported pregnancy care. The birth itself is treated as an emergency situation if she goes to the nearest ER, but even that she will be charged for. The baby will receive standard minimum care for free, btw. But the mother is excluded from Medi*, before, during and after birth.

California is where i live, check Medi-cal website .... You dont even need an ID to get a Medi-cal for a pregnant women not even an SSN and 100 % thats in california .

And really no one told me .... my wife got it even before i arrived to the US and she was on a B2 .. and she still have it till today and was continued after asylum was approved.

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
SMH! More people coming here to have babies to get FREE benefits that Americans pay for and they NEVER have! It's disgusting!

All what they have said is wrong and Helz didn't have a Visa so she has no idea what she is talking about ... Giving birth in the US while on a visitor visa has nothing to do with nothing and Its NOT ILLEGAL and BY LAW pregnant women get Medi-Cal NO QUESTIONS asked Even with No SSN, So believe me they have no Idea what they are saying, they just don't want to pay for your hospital Bill :)

Who would!? I don't want to pay for any one else's hospital bill either! Stay in your own country and have your baby. You are a leech! Everyone hates America so much but then come here to get FREE EVERYTHING! I hope you get caught!

I totally agree!! I work hard and I don't want my taxes to pay for someone to have kids in this country when they do not contribute with anything to this country!!! If you cannot afford it, then be a responsible civilized human being and do not have kids!!! Or have it in your own country!!!! I can't believe the hypocrisy!!!! They bash America and then they want to come here to get citizenship to their kids and put their burden on Americans!!! It really is disgusting!!!