485 case transferred to local office for processing

elephant

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 PD is July 2004, and I filed I-485 on 31-July-2007 under EB2,
case status for my 485 changed on April 29th 2008 to
"Current Status: This case has been sent to our local office for processing."
on April 29th 2008, they have sent my 485 case to DES MOINES, IA location for additional processing and said they will contact me if they need any further information, I neither received an interview letter nor any other information or other LUD after that on my case from USCIS, can any one please tell me whats going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-485 PD is July 2004, and I filed I-485 on 31-July-2007 under EB2,
case status for my 485 changed on April 29th 2008 to
"Current Status: This case has been sent to our local office for processing."
on April 29th 2008, they have sent my 485 case to DES MOINES, IA location for additional processing and said they will contact me if they need any further information, I neither received an interview letter nor any other information or other LUD after that on my case from USCIS, can any one please tell me whats going on.

If your file is transferred to local office from service center then you will get interview date letter from local office.

How long would it take to get interview letter

I got the LUD on april 29 2008, but until now I didn't receive any interview letter, how long would you think it will be for me to receive the interview letter, should the 485 dates has to be current in visa bulletin (now the 485 dates for EB2 under november visa bulleting are 01 June 2003.

I got the LUD on april 29 2008, but until now I didn't receive any interview letter, how long would you think it will be for me to receive the interview letter, should the 485 dates has to be current in visa bulletin (now the 485 dates for EB2 under november visa bulleting are 01 June 2003.
Once file reach local USCIS it takes 1-2 month for interview date letter. If the PD is current then they send the interview letter but I have seen few cases the USCIS sent interview date and at the time of interview they told the PD is notcurrent (or no visa number Available) so they cant approve the I-485. they keep the file and approve when PD is current(when PD current one should visit local office and remind them)

when was your LC field?
We took a pre approved labour so I don't know when it was filed
when LC was recieved by DOL that is your PD.
PD is 24th July 2004
LC in Eb3 or EB2?
EB2
What is your country of birth?
India

when was your LC field?
We took a pre approved labour so I don't know when it was filed
when LC was recieved by DOL that is your PD.
PD is 24th July 2004
LC in Eb3 or EB2?
EB2
What is your country of birth?
India

I think EB2 for India with PD of 2004 is not current at this time.

PD is not current local office didn't respond

So you say that as the PD is not current, local office didn't send interview letter or didn't update our case.

So you say that as the PD is not current, local office didn't send interview letter or didn't update our case.

Case Status will not updated once it is transferred to a Local office. Usually they call you for Interview when date is current but not always.