I-90(d) - please share your timeline of receiving corrected green card..thanks!

GuyinSH

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got my GC with error in my name and subsequently filed I-90(d) to California Service Center at Laguna Niguel.

The last time I saw changes at the USCIS website on my "receipt number" was the "date" from 1 March 2008 to 14 April 2008. No changes was made on the content.

Below is my time line :

16 Feb 2008 - POE - LAX
26 Feb 2008 - received welcome notice
28 Feb 2008 - applied for SSN
1 March 2008 - USCIS mailed the card - stated in the e-mail [Note - i have subscribed the e-mail alert via USCIsS website - U will need a "receipt number" -the "receipt number" is stated on Welcome Notice - serves as tracking number for USCIS.]
4 March 2008 - received Green card --> found error in my name
5 March 2008 - received SSN
9 March 2008 - filed I-90 (d)
14 March 2008 - received by USCIS - based on certified mail.
14 April 2008 - there was an update in the date by USCIS based on my receipt number but no changes in the message.

Can anyone share their I-90(d) application with California Service Center? How long it takes to get a corrected GC? 6 months?

- Filed I-90 (d) in Nov. 2007
- USCIS claimed they received my incorrect green card in Jan. 24, 2008 even though I have certified mail receipt indicate "someone" in USCIS signed the package on Nov 20th, 2007. Funny thing is that I registered my case online to track my status on Jan. 24, 2008, so, somehow, they just look at their system and found the newest "status change" regarding to my case number is Jan. 24th, 2008 (because I registered on that day). So, they just told me they received my card on that day.
- Made two infopass: One on April 15th, one on May 9th. The link contains some detail of my first infopass with the lady at the last window in LA office, she was rude, not patient and not helpful at all.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=272993

The lady immigration officer at corner window ( I believe it’s window 22) on my second infopass was much friendly and helpful. She even told me that the lady on my previous infopass did not do a thing on my case after I left, even though that lady promised me to send an email to check on my case status. Lady at window 22 typed the “status request email” in front of me while I was waiting, she also confirmed my name, address, and asked both my home phone and cell phone number. Later, she did call me and told me my case is in the process and an immigration office was reviewing my case. So, apparently, my case was just sitting there at the whole time if I did not push it.

- Sure enough, I received an email from CIS on May 20th told me that my card was ordered.

- May 23rd, received another email from CIS told me that my card was mailed.

- Maybe because of the holiday, I haven’t received my card yet. Hopefully soon ~

Let me know whether u got the corrected GC

Hi Toughcase,

Thank you for the information.

Please let me know whether you have received the corrected GC.

I have called USCIS and enquired of the case, but the lady said the replacement will only be made within 6 months due to huge surge of volume to be processed by USCIS.

Is it ok for me to make infopass now since i believe USCIS has received my application just a month ago - 14 April 2008 (based on your "unpleasant" experience, you took nearly 4/5 months after filing to make the infopass)?

Frankly, I intend to travel overseas on this coming August. Will I be denied any entry to US upon my arrival since I dont have the GC?

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Hi Toughcase,

I have called USCIS and enquired of the case, but the lady said the replacement will only be made within 6 months due to huge surge of volume to be processed by USCIS.

Is it ok for me to make infopass now since i believe USCIS has received my application just a month ago - 14 April 2008 (based on your "unpleasant" experience, you took nearly 4/5 months after filing to make the infopass)?

Frankly, I intend to travel overseas on this coming August.

Will I be denied any entry to US upon my arrival since I dont have the GC?
------------------you need GC or GC stamp in your passport from Local USCIS office to enter US. Did you got I-90 filing reciept from USCIS if you have got reciept then take Infopass , show the I-90 filing reciept and you can get stamp in your passport. If you dont have I-90 filing reciept Local USCIS may not stamp the passport

--------------------

Hi Toughcase,

Frankly, I intend to travel overseas on this coming August. Will I be denied any entry to US upon my arrival since I dont have the GC?

As ginnu said, if you are planning to travel, you need to have your passport stamped before you leave. Based on my friend's experience, she had her trip planned and ticket purchased, so she was able to make an infopass and had her passport stamped.

I was thinking maybe you can book your flight and infopass early, so you can still cancel the flight if they do not stamp your passport. But, also remember, make sure you have a very good reason for your trip (no sightseeing or vacation) and the stamp will be valid for only short period of time (Two month or so), so you don't want to book your flight and infopass way too early. That might cut your trip short if they did stamp and approve for only two months. So, it's a gamble~

Approval : Feb 2008 passport ,stamped
Card production ordered: April 24, 2008
Welcome notice : April 28,2008
Card received : May 5, 2008
Returned to NBC Lee Summit Mo : May 6, 2008 (name spelling error)
No Luds to date

Wow..that's fast!!!

Hi envision,

That's fast, man...

I need to make infopass regarding the status of my case..

I believe it was due different processing Centres - mine is California Service Centre.

SUCKS man...California Service Centre really SUCKS!!!

Hi envision,

That's fast, man...

I need to make infopass regarding the status of my case..

I believe it was due different processing Centres - mine is California Service Centre.

SUCKS man...California Service Centre really SUCKS!!!

envision sent his card to NBC Lee Summit Mo and I think his GC is family based

envision sent his card to NBC Lee Summit Mo and I think his GC is family based

Yes it's at NBC, but it's employment based. I am one of the lucky ones called in for an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Just had infopass today.

The lady told me to get an official letter from my current employer, stating that the Company needs my GC to run a background check. This will provide valid reason for USCIS to expedite the process in correcting the errors in GC.

Anyway, I just had my passport stamped and it's valid for 60 days...i dont know why. :confused:

I even requested her to e-mail the USCIS in Laguna, but she said she can only do that provided I can show her the employer letter requesting my corrected GC.

That really sucks as I really cannot do anything right now!

Once the 60days lapsed, I need to go there to get another stamp if I do not receive the corrected GC.

All the best!