oath letter not arrived

rsrgc

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife had our interview for citizenship on same date with two different IIO's On Jan 3 2008

Both of us got a paper by the IIO which said

Congratulations You have passed the interview

Next step is the Oath ceremony

My Oath letter arrived in a few days and is scheduled for Feb 1 at Fairplex in Pomona in Los Angeles

My wife's letter has still not come.

Any clues ?

Just because you went through everything pretty much together doesn't mean you get to take your Oath the same time.
Just on the safe side schedule and Infopass to make sure that it didn't get lost in the mail.

My wife and I had the same situation. Up to and including the interview, we did everything together, but I had my oath 1 month after the interview and my wife had her oath 2 1/2 months after the interview.

You can call the 800 number and get an update from an IO (not the initial reps).

I was able to get all sorts of updates over a period of a month and a half after the interview.

1)Approved by the officer 2) Approved by the supervisor 3) In queue for Oath scheduling 4)Oath date.

Me and my wife had our interview for citizenship on same date with two different IIO's On Jan 3 2008

Both of us got a paper by the IIO which said

Congratulations You have passed the interview

Next step is the Oath ceremony

My Oath letter arrived in a few days and is scheduled for Feb 1 at Fairplex in Pomona in Los Angeles

My wife's letter has still not come.

Any clues ?

My wife and I had our interview on the same day. She had her oath 3 days later, mine was amonth later. Very normal.

Brian

oath letter not received

Thanks all for your replies

I called 800 number but rep said he could not get into the database of local Los Angeles office Database and had no further Info.

Xelaedu

You mentioned that You got total updates....How did you get past the rep to the IIO ?

rsrgc: As I mentioned, the reps dont know anything. You want to get to the next level of customer service. The way I used to do that was to

1) Inform them that you were just on the line, and someone transferred you to the next level of customer service, but the call got dropped.
2) tell the reps that I am planning on doing some travel so need to know the oath date.
3) also tell them a date longer than 90 days for the interview. That is the requirement for them to transfer you.

Obviously, this did not work every single time. But it did work most of the time and I was able to get timely updates from the IO's

i missed my oath date. so i sent a letter explaining why i didn't show up. how long does it takes to reschedule another date. i don't live in nyc now, and i have a friend who is checking the mailbox for me. so im afraid he may not open the mailbox in the right time. any one knows if there is a way you could know if they send thew letter before it arrives in the mailbox so u can anticipate its arrival.please i need quick answer. look to my timing down and u understand my anxiety. how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

place nyc garden city
filing date 30 oct 2003
ID 8 feb 2005
first oath letter date jan 10 2008