N400 Timeline - VSC(NY)

rxonyc

Registered Users (C)
Listed Below is my initial timeline @ VSC- Queens, NY
anyone in the same boat?
It seemed to me that some April NJ cases were processed within October.
NY cases got into a bit quite situation.
Make some noise, ppl!

Hello,

I am from philly but my friend from NY (Bronx) applied end of June. he received is IL letter last week for december 6th.

Hello,

I am from philly but my friend from NY (Bronx) applied end of June. he received is IL letter last week for december 6th.

I have a friend who also lives in Queens, NY. Her noticed date is June 18. She did her FP on July 13 and nothing after that. Case status on line shows that her application was received on June 18. Name check?

My PD is May 21st, 2007 and FP was done on Jun 23rd, 2007. No IL and no online status change either.

NYC, PD is Jun 26, FP was done in the last week of Jul.
Nothing happened since then.
Called customer services a couple times, was told the case was still in 7 month normal processing time and could not give any further info.

thanks for the noise, ppl. at least we dont feel left out now...
my online receiving date is one week later than PD, does it happen to all u guys?
called custser about this, and they told me it was not a issue, however, they would process the case by online receiving date... then what's the point of having a PD?
plus, I got the same answer, in terms of the 7-month normal processing time...

P.S. how comes bronx case goes faster? Even though we all sent our n-400 to VSC, I figured they must went to different field offices or sth. any clue?

Updated Timeline

Got some good news in the mail today

Spouse and I both applied on June 25.

She had fp on Aug 2.

I had fp done on Sep 11. My receipt letter only came in late August

We both have interviews in Manhattan on Dec 18 within 1/2 hour of each other.

Time to study.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Leroythelion. That's really a good news!

Could you let's know when the IL issued?
Did your online status change?
Did you have any traffic ticket and any society/club you joined in the application?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Leroythelion. That's really a good news!

Could you let's know when the IL issued?
Did your online status change?
Did you have any traffic ticket and any society/club you joined in the application?

Thanks

Notice date was Oct 30. No change to online status. I belong to a nationally recognized community organization. No tickets.

Brian

ppl! I found at least one May case @ VSC receiving IL (NJ case)!
however, its PD is even later than my online receiving date...

Any late August/September 2007 filers had their checks cashed yet? Tomorrow will be 10 weeks for me, and my check still hasn't been cashed. VSC seems to be at a standstill, while CSC and NSC are actually cashing checks.

I hope the increase in filing fees was to provide better service and improved processing times, not to harass future citizens who might have their lives planned around this.

I hope the increase in filing fees was to provide better service and improved processing times, not to harass future citizens who might have their lives planned around this.

They should use some of the revenue generated by the higher fees to eliminate the name check nonsense. I haven't even gotten to that point yet, but I really hope that I don't get stuck in that hellhole. I'm Russian, so let's hope the FBI doesn't automatically assume that I have mob ties! ;)

Any late August/September 2007 filers had their checks cashed yet? Tomorrow will be 10 weeks for me, and my check still hasn't been cashed. VSC seems to be at a standstill, while CSC and NSC are actually cashing checks.

If you call the (800) line and listen to all the prompts, at the end they give an update on the issuance of NOAs. It says the current wait time is 15 weeks for a I-797. So you are still OK. Do you regularly check the uscis.gov for updates on the receipting backlog?

Do you know if your name check has been completed?

not at all. how do u even check ur name check process?
I know my finger print result was sent back on same day, besides that, I dont know nothing regarding my actual status during the whole process.
and speaking of name check, I dont see why it takes that long for checking names...

Plus, if u sign up the email alert @ USCIS.GOV, u'll be able to see when was the last time they update ur case. it seemed like after they sent me the notice of fingerprint, nothing happen to my case yet.

If you call the (800) line and listen to all the prompts, at the end they give an update on the issuance of NOAs. It says the current wait time is 15 weeks for a I-797. So you are still OK. Do you regularly check the uscis.gov for updates on the receipting backlog?

Haha, believe me, I'm all too familiar with the 15 week timeframe. I also check uscis.gov for the weekly updates. However, other users who have filed at CSC and NSC as late as October 2007 have been reporting their checks being cashed, so I'm wondering if there's any chance for VSC to have a similar situation.