I don't see the reason to live..

leah111

Registered Users (C)
:mad: Hi,
I'm writing here because I've got to a point when I don't see the reason to live if I can't do it in the US. In my country the living is very hard, the mentality I can't stand and I am depressed there all the time, even when I just visited there...

I kept coming back because of a guy..now I am feeling old and I work at a job that is degrading and I could do better with my MA. But not without papers. I overstayed because of this person and he only has GC, now I am angry and depressed all the time bc of my living situation and waiting for him another 4 years (I had waited and been with him for 5) seems to be endless with suffering.

Please, tell me that there is hope to get at least work papers if I married him, or other chance to work/live legally (I am aware that noone would sponsor someone with no real job experience and a masters in arts..) or I don't know what to do with my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad: Hi,
I'm writing here because I've got to a point when I don't see the reason to live if I can't do it in the US. In my country the living is very hard, the mentality I can't stand and I am depressed there all the time, even when I just visited there...

I kept coming back because of a guy..now I am feeling old and I work at a job that is degrading and I could do better with my MA. But not without papers. I overstayed because of this person and he only has GC.

Please, tell me that there is hope to get at least work papers if I married him, or other chance to work/live legally (I am aware that noone would sponsor someone with no real job experience and a masters in arts..) or I don't know what to do with my life.
Yes u have more than enough reason to live. Leaving u're depressed country to America is a very bold step and you should be proud of yourself for that alone and being able to obatain a masters degree. well that being said; If you marry someone with a GC, you would be able to stay legally, but u will not have any benefit or work permit till he/she becomes a citizen. If the love is worth the waiting then do it by all means, otherwise, i'll say rechanell u're love to someone who is a USC and go from there.

if he was a US citizen you would be able to work..but being that he only has his greencard, u will have to wait a couple of yrs!!!

Hmm. Yes, I know, a citizen..
If I married one, how long it takes to get work papers?

OMG then why wait, say 2 to 3 months.. at most... but be sure u are marring him for real... atlest till all u're paper work is done, because USCIS has a way of knowing couples that do not live together that are just basically faking it. SO my advice is if u know one... be more serious and honest with each other and then get married, move in and live hapilly ver after.

I know how you feel I'm an overstay for 20 years, and have felt that depression you are feeling, but you have to keep the faith and do what you have to. Take it one day at time. I came at age 14 (1987) and my mother is a gc holder for almost 30 years, She finally filed my papers in 92 with me filling it out and her signing it.

After her spending the money twice, that my grand-father gave us for the fees, it was done. I ended up getting pregnant with my son and she moved me to another state so the father can take care of me. Well that did'nt work out because he could'nt handle me not working so he dumped me before my son turned one. It's been a struggle. I made another poor decission and got pregnant again with my daughter. This guy took care of us, but was very abusive and because I was illegal I never went to the police. Mind the poor decission was not the kids but the fathers. Every time I tried to file child support I was threatened. But that's what happens when you think you know it all. No regrets though.

Back to my mom, she just did'nt care enough to see my papers through. It got abandon and I was stuck. Now im married to a usc man who I dated for 5 years then we married 12/31/04. And we are only now filling my papers. I have been so scared for so long that I woulld have to go home and leave my to children 14 & 12 boy and girl. I always said I would never take them with me. But I filled and everyday i'm scared someone will show up at our door and take me away. I found this site and now I have hope..

So don't fret you do have alot to live for. And you are loved and we help with words of incouragement. keep us posted.. Please don't judge me for I won't judge you

I do not think your BF would like you asking how long you can work if you marry someone else... :rolleyes:
Yeah not a good i dea, if u love him stay with him i'm sure he will be able to support you till he becomes a citizen and filles for you,... alshow long as he been a PR or how long does he have to wait to apply for Citizenship?
Because then i have something else i want to tell you.

I dont really understand what PraetorianXI says..

As about his papers, it's all in the first post.

Trinigirl, thanks so much for trying to cheer me up. I am really fed up and dont want to marry someone and have babies if my situation won't settle and feel safe to start the family and have a stable job/partner.

What if I left and come back with a fresh I94? The question is not whether I can or can not come back, I'd like to know what happens if I could?!

you can't come back. Since you have been illegal for more than 180 days, you will be subject to a ban on entering the US for 3-10 years. Your only choice - getting married to USC and not leaving the States until you get a GC.

you can't come back. Since you have been illegal for more than 180 days, you will be subject to a ban on entering the US for 3-10 years. Your only choice - getting married to USC and not leaving the States until you get a GC.

Yes Lucy is right, you have to stay and get u're status solved.
YOU have 2 options now.
get married to u're PR boy friend, and when he becomes a citizen then he files for you and by then you will just get your 10 years PR 'cos u will have been maried for over 2 years.
Or the second option is, if you can't work and he can't support you either, the you can always part goodbye and get married to a USC, and live hapilly,
This is a tough discission, think about it and pray.

Not to demean your tragedy, but no country's residence privilege is worth one's life. During my life I have lived in Pakistan, Kuwait, Algeria, China, Japan, UK, the Phillipines, Argentina, Canada and the US. All of these countries have something to offer. They each have their pros and cons. However losing the privilege to live in any of the countries never made me think of taking my life away. It is very commendable if someone gives his/her life away for his/her country, but please do not kill yourself just because you can't live in a specific country.

I'm writing here because I've got to a point when I don't see the reason to live if I can't do it in the US.

Life is beautiful. I come from a country with an awful awful civil war. I saw people die since I was 11.... but we prevailed and I survived. So thank life for every day, you have a chance of living another day.

I am only scared of leaving, I won't find a job, my friends from college work as some kind of fashion jeweler -just bijou-, or work their a.s off from 8-5 for $500 a month with the same degree..No other jobs possible maybe unless you do a favor for someone if you know what I mean..

Here, I live a fuller life, I can afford ordering take-out dinner sometimes, better places to go to for vacation and so on, as we all know. But, I work at a job where I also work decent hours, deal with loads of cr.p and people, and I still make a better living and feel comfortable this way that I would there. I dont know where else in the world I could go, I dont know anybody in other countries. However I am fed up with this situation bc of my age, and than that I have no family, no husband, no kids and I don't have all these bc I dont have a decent job I could support and base my family on.

--
Could I apply for some jobs here maybe, so they can sponsor me or help me to get work papers, or I have to be a needed brain surgeon to get this?

Thanks, all answers are appreciated.

However I am fed up with this situation bc of my age, and than that I have no family, no husband, no kids and I don't have all these bc I dont have a decent job I could support and base my family on.
Sounds like Mid life crisis ? you need counselling rather than GC. Seriously.