Need help from NJ friends, expired FP notice

mycard2004

Registered Users (C)
Hello, all:

I called TSC this morning and IO told me that my FP was
scheduled on May 17, 2007, which I never received.

IO says she will resend the FP notice, but she will not reschedule it,
meaning she will resend the notice with the already-expired-date May 17.

I am in NJ, so the FP will be done in Newark.

Do any NJ friends have similar experience, can we just walk in
there with the already-expired FP notice?

Thank you and wish everyone get his/her card soon.

Try this

Make sure you take both the letter and the envelope with the postmarked envelope so you can prove that you just received it. I've heard that Wednesdays are walk in days so that may be a better day to do it. And if Newark makes a fuss on Wednesday, drive 20 minutes to the Hackensack ASC where they seemed more receptive (and told me in person that Wednesday was supposed to be walk-in day at Hackensack)

Hope this helps

Hello, all:

When I was there for my FP, I saw couple of people coming in with expired FP notices. She did not let them go in and asked them to write back and get another FP notice. This happened when it was very crowded there. She did not even let me go in as I was before time. But other days when it wasnt crowded they let me go in.Try when its not that crowded.

IO mentioned the same thing to me. this was 3 weeks ago and still waiting for her to resend the letter. I tried going to Newark 3 times to get FP with no letter, they simply don't allow you to do that.

I went Newark with my 2 months old FP2 notice with envelop and explained them that I did receive yesterday and they took my FP......

P

Don't worry samething happend to me.mine was also scheduled for may 18th i got it only on july 14 th and recived only for me not for my spouse.Newark ASC takes walk in FP's on wednesdays.once you get your FP Go on a wednesday and show them the envelop and the notice, they went and checked somthing inside and then let me and my spouse take our FP.
Good Luck.

Hello, all:

WE had a similar experience . WE got the FP notice on june 20th , 2007 for the scheduled FP appointment on 05/15/2007 . We went to Newark ASC on 25th and showed the expired FP notice and but they did not allow us for the FP on that day. Then we took an infopass appointment and rescheduled it for July and done the FP and Received the cards on 07/23/2007. I strongly suggest you to take an Infopass appointment , reschedule the FP appointment and then go to ASC for the same.

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for everyone's reply.

I will try on Wednesday first if I can get the notice.

Best wish for everyone.

Thanks.

Hi, istrategist:

Do you have the address of Hackensack ASC or
is there a place I can search?

How are you know this Hackensack place? From your post,
it seems like Hackensack is a lot better than Newark.

Does any one else have experience at Hackensack ASC?

Best wishes.

Make sure you take both the letter and the envelope with the postmarked envelope so you can prove that you just received it. I've heard that Wednesdays are walk in days so that may be a better day to do it. And if Newark makes a fuss on Wednesday, drive 20 minutes to the Hackensack ASC where they seemed more receptive (and told me in person that Wednesday was supposed to be walk-in day at Hackensack)

Hope this helps

Hackensack

Hackensack details: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...or.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.statecode=NJ

Hackensack was a smaller office, was less crowded when we went, and the security guard did not shoo us away, but went to the supervisor who came to us and explained to us that we could walk in on Wednesday if we wanted.

I tried doing early FP at Newark on Saturday since I was goign to be in California the following Tuesday (appt date), but when I was shot down both places (even though Hackensack offered Wed), I cancelled my trip and went to Newark on Tues to do it per my appointment

Hi, istrategist:

Do you have the address of Hackensack ASC or
is there a place I can search?

How are you know this Hackensack place? From your post,
it seems like Hackensack is a lot better than Newark.

Does any one else have experience at Hackensack ASC?

Best wishes.

Hackensack

Hi, Istrategist, thanks for your help.

So even if the notice says I should do FP at Newark,
Hackensack will still accept it on Wednesday, right?

Wish you the best.

Hackensack details: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...or.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.statecode=NJ

Hackensack was a smaller office, was less crowded when we went, and the security guard did not shoo us away, but went to the supervisor who came to us and explained to us that we could walk in on Wednesday if we wanted.

I tried doing early FP at Newark on Saturday since I was goign to be in California the following Tuesday (appt date), but when I was shot down both places (even though Hackensack offered Wed), I cancelled my trip and went to Newark on Tues to do it per my appointment

that's what they told me

but having been through this, here's what I would do in your shoes:
- try Newark first on Wednesday (after you get your notice) - take both the notice and the envelope with the date stamp and explain. If they refuse, then
- drive to Hackensack and explain the situation there - say that Newark turned you down, and this has already been delayed so long etc. They should let you do it
All the best and let us know how it goes

Hi, Istrategist, thanks for your help.

So even if the notice says I should do FP at Newark,
Hackensack will still accept it on Wednesday, right?

Wish you the best.

mycard2004,

Though I am not from NJ, but I would strongly suggest you to walk in on wednesdays and get it done. As Wednesdays are the only walk-in days, but be prepared to spend even a full day there. Some times they might tell you that we can think about only after 4 in the evening, so whatever it is, try to get it done.

Good luck for your GC..

Thanks

I am in TX but coincidently I also walked on Wednesday and they allowed me FP prior to my actual Appointment Date. Earlier they had refused to do on Friday.

One Quick question: Now a day I see approval only from TSC and NSC. What about the cases that are still with VSC or CSC. No one is working on those cases.

Thanks.

done

Received the FP notice and get it done
at Neward NJ on Wednesday, no any problem.

Thanks for the help from everyone.

Special thanks are given to istrategist and gcdelay.

Wish everyone get his approval soon.

Try this saturday as well in Newark -- Just in case.. Nothing to loose

Try this saturday as well in Newark -- Just in case.. Nothing to loose. It worked for one of my friends.