Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Hey Name_Stuck

Thanks for your response. I hope I see the approval notice in a few days cos my lud changed twice from the time I went for my infopass. Would keep you posted. Thanks. Was yours marriage based

Is this true that I765 Premium Processing for Employment based pending 485 applications ( c (9) )..?? See the attachment.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Is this true that I765 Premium Processing for Employment based pending 485 applications ( c (9) )..?? See the attachment.

Please advise.

Thanks.

485 applications ,Employment based, family based are all under ( c (9) ) category. ( c (9) ) is the category for ALL applicants with pending 485, some of those doesn't Qualify for any thing PREMIUM!

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the catagory for Employment Based..? I received a EAD under C9 and applied 2 weeks back for renewal under same category.

This is what in EAD application instruction (OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08 I-765, Application forEmployment Authorization)

"If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9), employment-basedadjustment, file your application as follows: "

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

So what is the catagory for Employment Based..? I received a EAD under C9 and applied 2 weeks back for renewal under same category.

This is what in EAD application instruction (OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08 I-765, Application forEmployment Authorization)

"If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9), employment-basedadjustment, file your application as follows: "

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

I think its (c)(9)(i) or (c)(9)(1).. can't remember.

We are on the same page guys.

mmed...Yes, all I-765 based on pending I-485 falls under (c(9)) category, regardless of what type is your I-485 you still (c(9)) as long as your I-485 is pending. Worldcup,I edited my reply at the top cuase I don't ever want to mislead or misinform anybody.With that being said, I hope there is no more confusion about Categories differences.Thanks :)PEACE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gurus - Thanks for the Empl based EAD category clarification. According my earlier post, USICS memo clearly indicates the EAD Premium Processing for Employment Based Pending 485's. ( c 9 ) But when i looked at the I-907 instrcutions , I doesn't say anything about EAD except I129 and I140 premuim processings.

Does this really exist or did USCIS later addressed this in different memo about it's real start date or existence..? PLEASE ADVISE. ( Thanks in advance )

My current EAD expires in May 1st week and Need approved EAD by then ( applied EAD renewal paper based in Mar 2nd week ..my bad, applied little late) to continue my employment. Learned from this forums that TSC is currently processing EAD RD as of 12/27/06 now. I guess, my token may come in around July'07 if they process at this pace.

Hi Gurus - Thanks for the Empl based EAD category clarification. According my earlier post, USICS memo clearly indicates the EAD Premium Processing for Employment Based Pending 485's. ( c 9 ) But when i looked at the I-907 instrcutions , I doesn't say anything about EAD except I129 and I140 premuim processings.

Does this really exist or did USCIS later addressed this in different memo about it's real start date or existence..? PLEASE ADVISE. ( Thanks in advance )

My current EAD expires in May 1st week and Need approved EAD by then ( applied EAD renewal paper based in Mar 2nd week ..my bad, applied little late) to continue my employment. Learned from this forums that TSC is currently processing EAD RD as of 12/27/06 now. I guess, my token may come in around July'07 if they process at this pace.

No premium processing for I-765 for the time being under any category. You applied late but do not worry at least because you can not do any thing except waiting. TSC has two raws for I-765 approvals, one raw take about 45 days (more than 85%o f cases) and second raw about 2.5-3 months (about 15% only). these numbers I got from checking hundreds of random numbers in one day with TSC. I think you will get it mid-late April.

worldcup:

Since your EAD is expiring first week of May, what would you do if your EAD does not come within that time frame? Can you continue working for the same employer?

I am asking this because my EAD is expiring 3rd week of April and I have not received it yet. It has been around 60 days since the receipt notice.

Folks:

Can we continue working for the same employer if the EAD application for renewal has been pending with INS?

Thanks in advance

Hossmary, Name_stuck and all friends.

All those who remember my case, after 7 good months overall, 3 infopass appointsments and expediate letter, the officer who took the longest vacation finally ordered the production of my work permit. I can't wait to receive the card so I can go get my licence. Thank you to all of you for your support and love. Good luck to all people who are in my shoes now.

Congratulations Kaygee78 . Best wishes. Mine is family based , is yours family based too? I think now family based are getting delayed quite a lot.. Mine took 4 months for my 4 th renewal !! was your new application or renewal?

Hossmany, Name_stuck and all friends.

All those who remember my case, after 7 good months overall, 3 infopass appointsments and expediate letter, the officer who took the longest vacation finally ordered the production of my work permit. I can't wait to receive the card so I can go get my licence. Thank you to all of you for your support and love. Good luck to all people who are in my shoes now.

:) CONGRATULATIONS KAYGEE78:)

Dear All,
I am about to approach the 90 days! Is it worth to go for InfoPass (already booked an appointment on the 91) or better to call the customer service for an interim inquiry especially that I have to drive 5 hours roundtrip to and from the center?:confused:

right time

My EAD will expire on 08/03/07.
What would be the right time for me to apply for EAD as I am the primary person for I 485.
Please advise.

My EAD will expire on 08/03/07.
What would be the right time for me to apply for EAD as I am the primary person for I 485.
Please advise.

Right now, because there may be an increase in the fees to be $340 and as you see there is delays to many cases (my wife EAD will expire 8/14/07 and she applied last week). You will save $160 and lose few months in your current EAD (good deal)

Working after EAD expiration

I efiled I-765 for EAD Renewal. My application went to Nebraska and I appointment letter from MSC for Biometrics. I got my biometrics done on 2/23/07. Now I-765 is pending for more than 50 days. I took infoss appointment and immigration officer told me that I can work with EAD renewal receipt after expiration of current EAD. Is that true? Can I work after my EAD expiration with the EAD renewal receipt. Please advice.

Thanks,
dkverma

Hi rxraza,
I hope your LUD change bring you good news. mine has changed several times but nothing happen. my last change was 03/24/07 but i still have not seen anything. So LUD change does not equal to good news. But every case is different and I hope you hear from them with good news following your LUD change.

KBLI

EAD more than 60 days at NSC

Applied EAD renewal Receipt date Feb 2, 2007 and paper-filed in Nebraska.
I had Code1 FP for I-485 on 3/30/07, Is that belongs to EAD too? Should I get another FP for EAD?

It's been over 60days and current EAD expires exactly on 90th day. Do you guys have any idea how should I approach for Interim EAD and how soon. Is anyone got InterimEAD at NSC?

Please suggest if I have to make an appointment with Local Office or Senator or call 800 and talk to immig officer.

EAD/AP RD: 2/2/2007
EAD/AP LUD: 2/9/2007

my EAD also is pending for a long time. today I called National customer service and she get some stupid information! and then told me that I need to go for biometric appoinment which I already have done less than a year ago. and she said after 45 days if I did not get anything call her again. these guys are just playing with us man....
I asked her can I get interim EAD she said go to local office I told her I already did and they told me I should call you guys, then she said yeah there is a news that probably we are not going to give interim EAD anymore!!!

so I guess I should just wait more ....