Links to latest OCI rules, FAQs and other info to help prepare an OCI package

skb2005,
Did you file the application? I am going to file it soon. I am trying to organize the documents needed and i see your post lists it neatly than the embassy website. Is that we need?
Let me know if anyone responded or if you filed and got any confirmation from the embassy yet.
Thanks
Murals72

I was trying to fill the online application this morning, and I think I screwed up. Here is the situation.

I am a US citizen along with my son. My husband is an Indian citizen. I wanted to apply for me and my son, so selected the family group. I entered my husband's details for spouse information, but did not realize that he will be considered an applicant also. Now after saving the information, I have 3 Form XIXs, one for each of us. How do I correct this? Can I start over and fill out a new form just for me and my son?

Please advice.

Murals72 : Yes, I did file my application. Still waiting for the response.

09citizen: I would start over.

SKB,

NY website says 1 photo with each app, why the additional 4?
Also, if you applied for a minor, how did you do the thumb print ?

thanks

Chaps

R2I2005: Different websites/posts have different information. As I mentioned earlier that I wanted to be safe and had extra photos so I sent 2+4.

I did not submit form for Minors so I did not need the thumb prints but you can use inkpad or use SHARPIE on the thumb and stick the thumb in the box on the form.

SKB,

NY website says 1 photo with each app, why the additional 4?
Also, if you applied for a minor, how did you do the thumb print ?

thanks

Chaps

hi, should i just send 2 in total, 1 for each app for nyc.
did folks have any issues with that. thx

# of photos

can someone confirm number of photos needed in order to send the application to New York consulate . Just 2 to be pasted on the form or 4 (2 pasted and 2 additional) . thanks

That's what I sent, 1 pasted, 3 in the pack per applicant. Beats me why
they need that many, but I didn't want the Babu's returning or stalling
my application.

But they processed my application and I had it with me in under 5wks.

Goodluck!

I am applying for OCI for my family (myself, spouse and one kid) at the SFO consulate. The kid is a PIO holder.

I don't plan to send the originals of our US passports with the application (will send them after the application is approved). Can I do the same with the original PIO card of my kid as well OR should I send the original with the application?

Thanks for your response. The link doesn't answer my specific question :(

You asked whether you need to submit original PIO card with the application. The link I provided says:

* In addition to other supporting documents, PIO card holders shall also submit a self attested copy of their PIO card.

* PIO card holders will be required to surrender their PIO Card once OCI status is accorded. A PIO card holder cannot hold the PIO and OCI cards at the same time.

How does that not answer your specific question?

You asked whether you need to submit original PIO card with the application. The link I provided says:

* In addition to other supporting documents, PIO card holders shall also submit a self attested copy of their PIO card.

* PIO card holders will be required to surrender their PIO Card once OCI status is accorded. A PIO card holder cannot hold the PIO and OCI cards at the same time.

How does that not answer your specific question?

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my original question. Since, I don't plan to send the originals US passports with the application (will send them after the application is approved) -- can I send the original PIO card of my kid later as well OR should I send the original PIO card with the application (even if I'm not including the original US passports)?