OCI - Washington DC Tracker

user55, gee24:
I sent my application to DC on Jan 14th. Till now, not acknowledged.. Not sure what's going on.

It seems after all those applied in late jan are stuck due to snow storm.
May be they are yet to open their mail boxes busy in plowing the snow or snow might have drowned the mails !!!!
Anything is possible when dealing with Indian consulate

It seems after all those applied in late jan are stuck due to snow storm.
May be they are yet to open their mail boxes busy in plowing the snow or snow might have drowned the mails !!!!
Anything is possible when dealing with Indian consulate

I was in DC this morning and it was almost 50 degrees.
All the snow are gone.
Let us hope for the best next week (last week of Feb 10).

Good Luck to every one.

Gee24

whiteone,
Did you try enquiring OCI email/phone about the status of yourapp now that its almost more than a month since you have mailed ?
Though they advise not contacting them for getting the status and ask us to wait for 12 weeks!!!, still it looks suspisious if acknowledgements are taking so long

clt_guy,
Did your OCI appl got Acknowledged ?
I have sent mine on 02/08 and wanted to know how much time it is taking in recent times

My OCI got acknowledged on 20th OCT 2009. I remember it took over a month. In recent times, I do not know the answer.

I have mailed my passports for stamping on 6th FEB, but have not received them yet.

No, I have not called or emailed them yet. The snowstorm must have taken at least 1 week of their time so I am planning to call them towards the end of this week if it has not been ack. by then.

By the way, what number to call them?. Do you know?.

Also, anyone waiting for more than 5 weeks for acknowledgement?

If you had paid by cashier check you can enquire the bank which had issued it to check if the casheir check has been encashed ,dont know if we can do the same with postal order

OCI Status Update

Mailed OCI on January 11, 2010.
Received at Washington, DC on January 13, 2010.
Acknowledgement - January 25, 2010
Scanned - January 28, 2010
Granted - February 10, 2010
Printed - February 10, 2010
Package Sent - February 11, 2010
Documents received at DC- February 18,2010
Mailed passport to DC - February 20, 2010
Passport received at DC - February 22, 2010
Passport with OCI - ??

finally acknowledged

01/19/10 : Mailed to Washington
01/22/10 : Reached Washington.
02/22/10: Acknowledged
xx/xx/10: Scanned ???
xx/xx/10: Granted ???
xx/xx/10: Printed ???
xx/xx/10: Dispatched from Delhi ???
xx/xx/10: Recd @ Wash.: ???
xx/xx/10: Mailed US Passports to Wash ???
xx/xx/10: Passports recd. at Wash ???
xx/xx/10 : OCI Recd!

Finally acknowledged y'day.
Mailed 1/14/2010
Ack. 2/22/2010

Very good to know that it is moving.
Good for you guys 'user55 and whiteone'
Seems like Acknowledgements have been done for 1/14 and 1/19.....probably RECEIPTS during that whole week ending 1/22.
I mailed mine only on 1/23 (Saturday).........and this would most probably fall in the bundle for next week.

Have to wait for some more time.

Gee24

Last edited by a moderator:
airguru,

did you mail your passport through overnight mail?

i mailed mine yesterday through overnight mail yesterday, but no one at the embassy signed it...ups will make a second attempt tomorrow.
i have travel plans for april 1st...i am worried that i won't receive my passport back by then.

airguru,

did you mail your passport through overnight mail?

i mailed mine yesterday through overnight mail yesterday, but no one at the embassy signed it...ups will make a second attempt tomorrow.
i have travel plans for april 1st...i am worried that i won't receive my passport back by then.

No, I sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation. I have found that anything sent registered mail takes longer to be processed.

If your plans are for April 1, you should be okay. I am assuming your OCI has been approved and they have recived the printed documents. You should get back your passport by sometime next week.

Good luck to you!

Airguru

I am appying for OCI in DC for my 18 month old daughter. The notary says he cannot notarize the copy of birth certificate, he says there is a law agaist it. I am not sure if I need to notarize the birth cert. He notarized the copy of US passport though. Can anyone of you who appied for your children, please advise me.

Thanks
Vinod

I am appying for OCI in DC for my 18 month old daughter. The notary says he cannot notarize the copy of birth certificate, he says there is a law agaist it. I am not sure if I need to notarize the birth cert. He notarized the copy of US passport though. Can anyone of you who appied for your children, please advise me.

Thanks
Vinod
it looks like they are right see.. https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/passportmatters/Checklist/NotarizeBC.cfm
But, they are attesting the document to be true copy. Find a desi guy and may be he will do it. The catch is to tell them to certify the document to be true copy. It worked for me that way and again, the notary seemed to know what he was doing. If you do not send a notarized copy, you have the risk of getting the application back. Good Luck.

For my 3 month sons OCI application I have self attested the birth certificate,passport and sent it this month
Formy daughter also I did the same thing

Thanks garu1gsr, hitraj. gsr, did you get it signed by a notary at your bank or someother place?
hitraj, did you get OCIs for your daughter and son without delays?
In case I cannot find any notary that can do this, I am thinking of sending the original and copy of the birth certificate. Copy would be self-attested. I would file for another original from Dept of Vital Stats.