1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YYYY only date of birth - Need advice.

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by sipak, Mar 6, 2012.

  1. sipak

    sipak Registered Users (C)

    Hi All,
    Please suggest what should be best approach to correct date of birth issue as highlight below.

    I'm getting ready to apply for my family for GC who are back in Pakistan. Just came to know that my brother has date of birth in his ID Card as 1978 only (no day and month mentioned).

    - Can I just use birth year in US Immigration and Visa forms? If so, how should I fill the form with 1978 only?
    - Or should we first do correction on his ID Card and Marriage Certificate for some full MM-DD-YYYY as well (I know it will be very hard, as he does not have any education certificate that may prove his date of birth otherwise to support such change).

    Thanks for your guidance on this matter.
  2. bigbull99

    bigbull99 Registered Users (C)

    Get the DOB corrected, MM-DD-YYYY. Its always better.
  3. sipak

    sipak Registered Users (C)

    Thanks for response.

    Do I need to correct ALL documents, i.e. ID Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate. I'm not sure if it will even be possible or allowed without any further proof of specific DoB.

    Any other suggestions/opinions?
  4. HH401

    HH401 Registered Users (C)

    I doubt you have any way around it. In the Western world, DOB means a full record of the day, month and year. So you will have to arrange for your brother to either find out his day/month/year of birth (or come up with one - I know in some countries they just use 1/1/YYYY) and then get all the relevant papers corrected to reflect that DOB. USCIS is very unlikely to accept anything other than this.

    Yes, you should correct ALL documents. Inconsistency and discrepancy is never or rarely allowed.

Share This Page