Your Travel Document Experience (I-131)

JnJ*8103

Registered Users (C)
I've been burning myself out with stress about my husbands travel doc arriving in time for us to go back to Canada (he's a Canadian Citizen) so I was wondering if those who have received their AP can possible share thier timeline on when they applied and when it was received it would be a great help to calming my husband down on if it comes in time for him to be a part of his brothers wedding. Thank Goodness we are only 45 minutes away from Canada in Michigan and can drive there on a whim so no plane tickets are necessary to worry about on top of everything else! My timeline is below so hopefully we are lucky and receive it before October 20.

Anyone want to take a gamble and say what date they think his will come? :p

I hope that you can share your info and experience with me!

Thank You

:)

I heard of at least 2 people who recently got it in 2 weeks! :eek:

I got mine approved in 28 days... but again, your mileage may vary... :rolleyes:

I just received my AP aproval via email, still waiting for it to actually come in the mail.

My guess, based on my case, is October 17.

I'd take that date :)

Its 3 days before the wedding so it's fine with me. Any day before the 19th is a good day lol

Quick question for the experts.

I am on H1 since 2003. I recently got AP and EAD. I used AP last month.

So now I am on H1 or not on H1?

Please advice.

The law says that if you want to continue on ur H1 status even when u have used an AP you can still remain on H1 status

The law says that if you want to continue on ur H1 status even when u have used an AP you can still remain on H1 status

You needed a H1 visa stamp to re-enter the US though.
I suppose you did not have it, so I think you gave up your H1 status.

No . even without a stamp u can still continue on H1 status , but once ur petition expires u have to continue on ead , because then u wont be able to extend ur h1 petition , as ur case is family based

Lucy Mo, can you confirm ?

If you are reading this...

I think once a person enters the US on AP, his H1 status is invalidated..as he is a parolee. Technically a PAROLEE inside the US cannot work , hence EAD iIS REQUIRED. Chicago girl, i would recommend, you fill I9 with your HR and stop worknig illegally (in USCIS language). Go on EAD asap...your employer won't care unless you tell them about this status change...nor will there be an INS raid/sting that will catch you. Just answering your question...u are not supposed to continue working with "H1 status" after you use AP.

Check this doc here:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/eadap-hl.html