your local congressman

bb_5555

Registered Users (C)
It is really handy to bookmark your local congressman's web page just in case you need to contact them on an INS matter.

the absolute easiest way to find out who your local congressman is to open up your phone book to the government pages. It always lists the info on government officials representing that area.

now if you are like me who want instant results you can go to the congress web site and look them up yourself.

go to www.house.gov and simply type in your zip code. Can't get much simpler then that. Clicking on the link will take you to their offical web site. That page will list all the different ways you can contact them.

you call up the office closest to you and ask to speak with an immigration case manager. Every US congressman has case managers assigned to help out people in their district with help in dealing directly with federal agencies. They have a full time staff of people who do just case management. You can call or write a letter to them giving them all your information and they will investigate your case. They are able to access people and places you would never be able to get to on your own.

di u ever contact your congressman t help you with any ins matter and can u give more details as to your situation.

I am hearing this contact your local congressman, etc. But I would like to hear from somebody who really did and tell us the whole experience.

Thank you in advance

I never had to do this myself but the reason I know this is because I personally know someone who works for a congressman as an immigration case manager. She tells me that this is what she does. I work as a social worker for the city that is in that district and she comes by once a month for any on-site help regarding immigration matters. She says that all congressman have case workers that handle any such difficulties you have with any federal agency. The most popular being immigration and issues with the IRS.

hope this helps

Contacting congresswoman helps expedite immigration process?:confused:

please post experiences here. thanks.

Contacting congresswoman helps expedite immigration process?:confused:

please post experiences here. thanks.

Not anymore. The original post was in 2005. Back then it worked, but now FBI tells them the same thing - pending name check. All they can tell you now is when the name check was innitiated.
A letter for Mrs. Laura Bush was working for a while. Not sure if it still does.

Jan97, could you post your experience here? Please post it from start to finish if you dont mind. Thanks.

btw, good luck at your upcoming interview. I hope all goes well for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can honestly say that my congressman office made the calls for me.
They did all the talking,and sometimes fax over some documents they needed.
i was really lost Before i asked for their help.
so yes i give them credit they did it for me
I live in NY