Young American Needs Hlep

MarcosFWHSS

Hi, I have a simple question that I have had a hard time finding the answer to.

I have lived in the U.S for my whole life, I was brought here form Mexico when I was only four years of age by my parents illegally. Since then my parent have been working here illegally in many jobs. We have never went back to Mexico and i have been enrolled in public school since. I'm 18 now a senior in High School in AZ and there is no way for me to go to college here in AZ because of the law. Also I have no way of working legally and I have never worked illegally because my parents not want that to decrease my chances of ever becoming a legal U.S resident or citizen.

By now you know what my question is....

At this point in my life is there anything i can do to start the process to becoming a legal U.S resident or citizen?

please give me any and all info that could help me.

Thank You

Once you turned 18, you started accumulating illegal presence. After 180 days, you become eligible for the 3-year re-entry bar. After 365 days, a 10-year bar. You may want to return to Mexico before those bars kick in.

There is no mechanism under current law for you to legalize your status within the US.

A bar is when you are excluded from attempting to re-enter the States. Therefore, if you have a bar of 3 years, you are unable to enter the US within those 3 years (you will be refused entry at the border).

As TheRealCanadian states...as soon as you turned 18 you started accruing illegal presence. If you are still in the US 180 days after your 18th birthday, you are subject to a 3 year re-entry ban.....if you are still here after 365 days, you are subject to a 10 year bar.

So if you leave the US before you reach 180 days then, providing you can get a visa, you can legally enter the US....if however, you leave after the 180, you will not be able to re enter until the 3 bar is completed.

I have the same situation with my girlfriend. If someone in this man's situation and my girfriend's situation reaches these bars, are they exempt from them if they marry a US Citizen?

If someone in this man's situation and my girfriend's situation reaches these bars, are they exempt from them if they marry a US Citizen?
If a person entered the US illegally, then they cannot do AOS after marrying a US citizen. Only people who entered legally and then overstayed can do AOS based on marriage.

Also in the title you claim young american, although you think of yourself as this you are in fact not an american and if you claim to be an american it will really hurt your case.
Right now because of your illegal entry you have no chance in staying unless an amnesty is granted. Since you never had status you cannot marry a US citizen and then adjust.
You are in limbo of going back to mexico or staying. Although going back to Mexico might not be a good option if you want to be here legally it is really the only one, then serve any bars that will come your way and try to gain legal access through visas.