• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Wrong date of birth

Bereketab

Hello
My cousin is one of the selectees of Dv 2024. Since we are from Ethiopia, we had to convert his ethiopian birthdate to international date. Unfortunately we made a mistake when we enter the lottery information. Even if we know the year of his birth that we submitted, we don't know the day and month we submitted in DV lottery.
Please is there anyway we can know the day and month we submitted?
Thank you!

Hello
My cousin is one of the selectees of Dv 2024. Since we are from Ethiopia, we had to convert his ethiopian birthdate to international date. Unfortunately we made a mistake when we enter the lottery information. Even if we know the year of his birth that we submitted, we don't know the day and month we submitted in DV lottery.
Please is there anyway we can know the day and month we submitted?
Thank you!
You are in trouble here, but its not insurmountable. We faced the same thing last year, and KCC wouldn't help.

Here is what you can do. You have to use brute force here. Go to the status check website. I imagine you know the email address you used to enter DV.
1. Click the link that says "Forgot Confirmation Number"
2. Now enter your information in the page, starting with 1 January
3. Repeat this for every day of the year. If you have people to help you, you can split the months. For example, while you try January, another tries February, etc.
4. In 365 attempts or less, you will get your correct date of birth. Be careful, you may miss it (we missed ours about 5 or so times, because we did not know what to expect when we get the correct date). For the correct date, it simply opens a status check page, "Enter Entrant Information",
with your confirmation number entered. That way, you know that the last date you entered was the date of birth you entered.
4. Even for one person, you should be able to do this in a couple of days. To shorten your search, start with the month that you strongly suspect to be the correct one, and go through all the number of days in that month. Then try all possible mistakes you can make of that of that month (e.g. 02 for 12, etc.), you may be lucky. For us, our DV mistake was instead of entering 10, we had entered 01.

Unfortunately, as I found out last year, this is the only way to get it. If you find a better way, post it, so other people can benefit.

Good luck.