Wrong Date of Birth on my Green Card

INSSuck

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got wrong date of birth on my green card. How much time does it take to change it, I know I need to file I90 , but after reading some scary threads here, I am very much worried.

I need to travel abroad, and my passport is not stamped, I recently got my Advance Parole approved, but somebody told me that it will be voided once I get the greencard.

Please help, Any directions is greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

I got wrong date of birth on my green card. How much time does it take to change it, I know I need to file I90 , but after reading some scary threads here, I am very much worried.

I need to travel abroad, and my passport is not stamped, I recently got my Advance Parole approved, but somebody told me that it will be voided once I get the greencard.

Please help, Any directions is greatly appreciated.

AP cant be used after getting GC
if you file I-90 then corrected GC take 6 months.

go to local USCIS office with infopass. talk to them and get your passport stamped. at window the officer may say that show the I-90 filing reciept then only they can stamp the passport. Inform that officer that if one file I-90 with"USCIS mistake" option one does not get I-90 filing reciept for 4-5 months. only those who are eligible to Efile I-90 can get reciept. if it is USCIS mistake on card then you are not eligible to efile I-90. if the officer does not agree then talk to supervisor and inform the problem of sending I-90 to service centers and not getting reciepts for 4-5 months and with I-90 one need to send incorrect Card. how a person will get passport stamped without I-90 filing reciept and incorrect card being sent to USCIS?
after you visit the local USCIS office update us.

Ginnu, I've got my card with wrong gender. I'm going to local office monday trying to get them to stamp my passport, I'll let them know the receipt-stamp dilema, thanks to your posting, hopefully they'll let me in. I'll update you guys afterward.

Ginnu, I've got my card with wrong gender. I'm going to local office monday trying to get them to stamp my passport, I'll let them know the receipt-stamp dilema, thanks to your posting, hopefully they'll let me in. I'll update you guys afterward.

update if local USCIS stamped passport without I-90 filing reciept.

is you GC family based or Employment based ??

I have noted that if it is Employment based and you file I-90 with D (uscis mistake) then send it to service center that approved the I-485 then they take long time to send I-90 filing reciept.

ginnu, just got back from Dallas District Office, they didn't even let me into the office. The woman at the window told me to file I-90 then get my passport stamped with the receipt. I told her with option D there is no receipt, she denied it and said I "will" get a receipt in 2-3 weeks.

I asked her where to file the I-90, she told me the Lockbox in L.A. I pointed out to her the paragraph on I-90 where it talks about for option D, we should send it back to where the card came from, she didn't even want to listen to me.

She is impatient and kinda rude as usual, wouldn't let me finish my sentence.

My gc is marriage based, I got my 485 receipt and 797 approval notice and the card from MSC, not sure what she insisted I should send my card and I-90 back to L.A.

ginnu, just got back from Dallas District Office, they didn't even let me into the office. The woman at the window told me to file I-90 then get my passport stamped with the receipt. I told her with option D there is no receipt, she denied it and said I "will" get a receipt in 2-3 weeks.

I asked her where to file the I-90, she told me the Lockbox in L.A.
------wrong info. you need to file with MSC (National Benefits Center )

I pointed out to her the paragraph on I-90 where it talks about for option D, we should send it back to where the card came from, she didn't even want to listen to me.
--------------- You should have asked for supervisor
She is impatient and kinda rude as usual, wouldn't let me finish my sentence.
--------------did you note her name or ID # you can file a Complaint for giving wrong info
My gc is marriage based, I got my 485 receipt and 797 approval notice and the card from MSC, not sure what she insisted I should send my card and I-90 back to L.A.

-----dont file with Lockbox in L.A. they have stoped it (and the officer dont know it) file your I-90 with MSC and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: form I-90 for correctin on Card, please mail the reciept so that I can get my Passport stamped from Local USCIS as i have to go out.

*** keep the copy of each document with you what you are going to mail.

-----dont file with Lockbox in L.A. they have stoped it...

You mean for all cases? I have to file an I-90 pretty soon to replace my daughter's GC after she turns 14, and the instructions currently say that for this case the form should go to the PO Box in Los Angeles...

You mean for all cases? I have to file an I-90 pretty soon to replace my daughter's GC after she turns 14, and the instructions currently say that for this case the form should go to the PO Box in Los Angeles...

look at the post"Replacement GC (I-90D) timeline " I have attached USCIS info where to file I-90

look at the post"Replacement GC (I-90D) timeline " I have attached USCIS info where to file I-90

Right.. but this is for those checking reason "d". Incorrect information, they need to send the I-90 to the NBC or service center that sent them the GC. I'm talking about checking reason "g": I have reached my 14th birthday since my card was issued. This is what my daughter needs to do, and the instructions on form I-90 clearly say to send it to the L.A. PO Box. So this lockbox facility may have stopped taking forms but only for those filing under reasons "b" and "d"

Right.. but this is for those checking reason "d". Incorrect information, they need to send the I-90 to the NBC or service center that sent them the GC. I'm talking about checking reason "g": I have reached my 14th birthday since my card was issued. This is what my daughter needs to do, and the instructions on form I-90 clearly say to send it to the L.A. PO Box. So this lockbox facility may have stopped taking forms but only for those filing under reasons "b" and "d"

I dont have the link but they stoped L.A P.O. Box. if you feel you should sent it to LA then send it to LA. talk to I-800NCSC (FYI they dont give correct info and are not update with latest info). if you have lawyer then also talk to him.let us know what they say in your case.

I dont have the link but they stoped L.A P.O. Box. if you feel you should sent it to LA then send it to LA.

The form I-90 currently available from USCIS website (www.uscis.gov/I-90) was revised on 01-10-2007 and still directs to send the form to LA PO Box for those checking reason "g".

talk to I-800NCSC (FYI they dont give correct info and are not update with latest info).

I know. They are not even CIS employees, just private contractors that know nothing about immigration and usually only read information that is also available from case status online. I never use them.

if you have lawyer then also talk to him.let us know what they say in your case.

Well, I won't be doing this until December, after my daughter's 14th birthday. So when the day comes near, I'll ask the attorney I hired for my I-140 to see what's going on, and will post here.