Wrong A05 EAD Code for Pending Asylum

starz280

Hello Guys,

I got an EAD with a A05 valid for 2 years. I am still waiting for my asylum case for more than 4 years now and I still have no response since my interview. Based on my category at this time I thought my asylum was approved, but it is not yet. I got a non restricted SSN based on my EAD category. Afterwards, I applied for a new EAD when my 2 years one expired. My attorney said we should apply under category C08 since we have no response yet from the immigration. I got my new EAD with the C08 code. It is going to expire soon and I am still waiting for the new card. I have a 15 days late to fulfile the 90 days before I ask for my EAD. My employer seem to be firing me soon based on our communications if I could not get my new EAD before Feb, 25. I told them I have a non restricted SSN and that I did everify myself on the SSN website and it shows I am authorized to work and do not need to have a work authorization. I know this may be a mistake due to the first bad code I got at my first EAD. Does my employer have the right to fire me even if they can verify my SSN? I am very scared as I have been working for them for about 3 years now and I have a good position there.

Thanks.

All you need for employment is an unrestricted SSN and the Gov't or State issued photo ID. You don't even need EAD if you have these two documents. I don't see the reason why they should fire you if you have these two documents unless your performance is not meeting their expectations.

Thanks for your response. That is what I thought. I asked them to E-Verify my SNN and they found that I do not need an EAD. Although the comany was welling for firing and hiring, but I was able to continue after the checked my SSN. Although I got over this with my job, but it is time now to renew my EAD for this year. I have had a cap until I recieved my EAD around 10 days working without it. They will not ask again for my EAD, but I want to establish a good history with USCIS in terms of not working illegally. I hope I will get my EAD this year without any problems and they will not count those 10 days against me.