Writ of mandamus after 6.5 years waiting Interview

Johannita226

Hello

On Friday the 3rd I submitted my WOM because I didn’t have an interview yet.

I am scared, I have to practice my case because after so many year and PTSD there are dates and events that I can remember clearly, I am pretty sure my Interview will be soon.

What are your recommendations.
My case is in Arlington office ( I think) I live close by.

I am from Colombia.

My timeline is

August 17/17 Asylum application
17-24 waiting for an interview
May 3/24. Submitted WOM

I will be updating, any advice?

I have my lawyer and think will be preparing my case soon.

Reactions: ROP
Hello

On Friday the 3rd I submitted my WOM because I didn’t have an interview yet.

I am scared, I have to practice my case because after so many year and PTSD there are dates and events that I can remember clearly, I am pretty sure my Interview will be soon.

What are your recommendations.
My case is in Arlington office ( I think) I live close by.

I am from Colombia.

My timeline is

August 17/17 Asylum application
17-24 waiting for an interview
May 3/24. Submitted WOM

I will be updating, any advice?

I have my lawyer and think will be preparing my case soon.
I hope you recieve your interview date soon and good luck... For me, one of the most challenging things was to remember dates and addresses during my interview. School, education, each and every place you have lived, addresses, etc. I made flashcards to remember everything.

I hope you recieve your interview date soon and good luck... For me, one of the most challenging things was to remember dates and addresses during my interview. School, education, each and every place you have lived, addresses, etc. I made flashcards to remember everything.
Oh wow I didn’t know about that, I will practicing about it too, they ask questions that are no in your documents?

Oh wow I didn’t know about that, I will practicing about it too, they ask questions that are no in your documents?
Not really, but during one long part of my interview, the officer asked me each and every item on the form that I had initially submitted to apply for asylum. They have all the info. in front of them, but they will ask again to make sure all the data is correct and I was not allowed to look at any notes. Cases are different, so maybe yours will be different, but it wont hurt to memorize everything just in case.

Not really, but during one long part of my interview, the officer asked me each and every item on the form that I had initially submitted to apply for asylum. They have all the info. in front of them, but they will ask again to make sure all the data is correct and I was not allowed to look at any notes. Cases are different, so maybe yours will be different, but it wont hurt to memorize everything just in case.
Wow thank you

I am sorry for so many questions but they ask you about your life in the US all this years?
What do yo do… family…

Do you think after a mandamus they made the decision faster?

I am sorry for so many questions but they ask you about your life in the US all this years?
What do yo do… family…

Do you think after a mandamus they made the decision faster?
No worries! I will be happy to help. They asked me questions about both before coming the US and after. They even asked about my schools as a child, when I attended and school names. Complete education history! They asked about jobs before and after coming to the US and waht I did in those jobs. Addresses both before and after coming to the US and dates when I stayed in those addresses. Marital status, children, family, ages, etc.

Make sure that you are consistant in answering questions. If you say one thing in the form and another in the interview, they will ask which one is true and why you are being inconsistent. If you don't remember, say I don't remember or I don't know, but don't try to make guesses because that could be interpreted as dishonesty. If initially you made a mistake in the forms, its okay. Just let them know that there is a mistake and they will correct it. Having said this, don't worry. If you go prepared, you will be fine. I am sure your attorney will help you with all this.

WOM makes the decision process faster too. I think (I am not sure) they must make their decision within 4-5 months.