Would K3 be a better one?

stebbinsd

Registered Users (C)
I am considering marrying my fiance in the Philippines, and getting her a K3 visa, rather than simply getting her a K1 visa, and THEN marrying her.

The reason for this is because I feel that a K3 visa would be easier to prove the legitimacy of.

If she's getting a spousal visa, proving that we are married should be as easy as showing the embassy our marriage licenses.

But, if we have to prove that we're genuine fiances, rather than genuine spouses, we need to provide saved emails, saved chat sessions, saved text messages, saved phone bills, saved plane tickets, and a whole lot of other crap. Even if we save all that stuff, it's a lot of clutter, and a lot of stuff for the embassies to sift through, therefore, delaying the granting of her visa.

So, while the K3 visa might be a bit more expensive, I chalk that up to a "convenience fee" of sorts.

Am I correct in my assumptions?

You may very well still be asked to prove the legitimacy of the marriage when it comes to the consulate/embassy interview.

Interviewing officers will be looking as to whether this is a marriage solely for GC purposes or whether the marriage is actually a bona fide one. So be prepared to prove the validity of the marriage with 'a lot of clutter'.

Most of the people just marry to get the GC.....so its better we move legally with all the proof of your marriage when oyu apply for k3 visa............

Aren't you both expecting a child too? That fact should work for the case. You can still go the K-1 route. She will get to the US quicker this way.

But, if we have to prove that we're genuine fiances, rather than genuine spouses, we need to provide saved emails, saved chat sessions, saved text messages, saved phone bills, saved plane tickets, and a whole lot of other crap. Even if we save all that stuff, it's a lot of clutter, and a lot of stuff for the embassies to sift through, therefore, delaying the granting of her visa.