Working in own company on EAD

GCVA2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I plan to start a computer consulting company (LLC or corp). Does anyone know whether I can use AC21 (in the future.. long way to go.. ) to join my own company as a consultant? My employer has moved on to other business and wants me to leave when I get GC anyway.

With ead, my spouse would be able to manage the company & I work for it as a consultant (similar role as what my GC is for). I also plan to get more projects. Would that in any way affect my GC?

can someone who has done it or knows someone who has done it please advise???

GCVA2002

Work for own company on EAD

GCVA2002 said:
Hi,

I plan to start a computer consulting company (LLC or corp). Does anyone know whether I can use AC21 (in the future.. long way to go.. ) to join my own company as a consultant? My employer has moved on to other business and wants me to leave when I get GC anyway.

With ead, my spouse would be able to manage the company & I work for it as a consultant (similar role as what my GC is for). I also plan to get more projects. Would that in any way affect my GC?

can someone who has done it or knows someone who has done it please advise???

GCVA2002

Should be good if possible to do that.
If anybody has talked to a lawyer about this please post it here.

This is a good way to get away from the clutches of Bhadwaas.

thanks JoeF

JoeF said:
Hmm, maybe. There was a memo from CIS fairly recently that says that it is possible. But, as a memo, it isn't law, and they can retract that at any time.
I actually expect them to retract that memo eventually, since the law says that you can't get a GC through a company you own 5% or more in, unless you can provide in addition an affidavit of support from a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
So, you should proceed very carefully, and get advice from your lawyer, since they usually know more about what's going on behind the scenes through the contacts between AILA (the immigration lawyer association) and CIS.