Working for my own LLC and a company (F1/H1 visa)

jusob

Hello
I found several messages on this subject, but I didn'f find exactly my answere.

Here is what I would like to do, but I don't know if I am alloaed to.
I currently hold an F-1 visa and I am working under EAD (OPT).

I would like to create my own LLC. I have, for sure, one customer and will earn around $500. Then, I don't know how business will be going.

I should switch to an H1 visa, sponsored by the company XXX which I am working for.

Will I be abled to work for the company XXX and for my LLC (i will be the only employee) while hodling an H1 visa?

Thank you
Julien

Re: Re: Working for my own LLC and a company (F1/H1 visa)

Originally posted by JoeF
No. While you can work for your own company with the EAD, the H1 only allows work for the sponsoring employer. To continue working for your own company, you would have to get an additional H1.

Thank you.
Is it possible to work for my company if I don't transfer any money to my personal bank account? So, I could wait a couple of years to get another H1 or to have a green card.

Thanks
Julien

Re: Re: Re: Re: Working for my own LLC and a company (F1/H1 visa)

Originally posted by JoeF
You can not work at all without work authorization, if you get money or not.
Anything that somebody usually gets paid for it considered work and requires work authorization.

OK. But no problem with an F visa and EAD, right?

Thank you again
Julien Sobrier

What is EAD (OPT)

Joef,

With reference to the discussion above I have few questions.
What is the difference between EAD (OPT) and the EAD that I have, after I filed for EB I485.
You also said something about restriction that the EAD OPT can work only in his/her field.
But during one of queries you said I can start and working in any business unrelated to my main field as long as I stay with my current employer.
I will be using the same EAD for the earnings my employer as well as earnings from my Internet business.

Thanks